PDA

View Full Version : Arm Pain

pricey_aus
10-03-2008, 12:34 AM
hey everyone,

i use Silverstring mains and Prince Syn Gut Duraflex crosses at 56/60.
Lately, i have been getting arm pain, no really bad, but still it has been getting worse.

My question is, if i put the PSGD as the mains at the same tension and the Silverstring as the crosses, will it still hurt my arm?

thanks,

pricey

PED
10-03-2008, 06:23 AM
The pain should go away if not it should lessen alot. Is the pain in the forearm or the elbow?

However, the PSGD mains won't last very long at all with the stiff SilverString crosses in there. The Silver string crosses will cut into the soft mains. You should get a nice combo of feel and spin while it lasts. I'm not a stringbreaker at all but something like that setup usually lasts me 1.5 to 2 hours.

nickarnold2000
10-03-2008, 06:55 AM
How about trying a softer cross such as Forten Sweet? And try a lower tension.

pricey_aus
10-03-2008, 04:37 PM
The pain should go away if not it should lessen alot. Is the pain in the forearm or the elbow?

However, the PSGD mains won't last very long at all with the stiff SilverString crosses in there. The Silver string crosses will cut into the soft mains. You should get a nice combo of feel and spin while it lasts. I'm not a stringbreaker at all but something like that setup usually lasts me 1.5 to 2 hours.

hey PED,

the pain i think, is golfers elbow (underneath the elbow??), and i did try putting the PSGD in the mains, but it made the string bed feel really dead. I'm gonna lower the tension with Silverstring in the mains and see how that goes.

Thanks for the help

2ndserveace
10-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Remember, it also could be technique. Silverstring is known as a very soft poly.

pricey_aus
10-03-2008, 04:43 PM
What do you mean by technique??
like not meaning to have a go at you, but what could I be doing wrong?

2ndserveace
10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I don't know what could be wrong and it might not even be technique. But when I used to have elbow pain, I thought it might be the strings or maybe even the racquet. I later realized, when I switched racquets that it was my technique that was causing my pain. I had unknowingly switched my swing. Just speaking from experience.

pricey_aus
10-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't know what could be wrong and it might not even be technique. But when I used to have elbow pain, I thought it might be the strings or maybe even the racquet. I later realized, when I switched racquets that it was my technique that was causing my pain. I had unknowingly switched my swing. Just speaking from experience.

ok man thanks for the input. Since im in Aus and its 10 am ill go have a hit later today with the looser strings and see how it goes. I got nationals starting tomorrow and i dont want my arm to be to sore:).....:shock:

samster
10-03-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't recommend continuing to play tennis with ongoing elbow pain. This may become a chronic problem and you will not like it when you have to put down the racket for weeks or months at a time. (Speaking from my own experience)