PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get rid of elbow pain?

jukebox
10-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Hey everybody,

I went to the gym today and whenever I did exercising involving bending my elbow it sent this weird sort of twingy pain around my arm. Really uncomfortable.

I couldn't think of any other possible reason for the pain except for the hitting session I had around TWO MONTHS ago using a full poly setup. I think it was SPPP at 55 lbs. During that 2 hour session my elbow and shoulder starting hurting so I knew it was definitely the poly strings which caused the pain. After that I immediately cut out the poly.

But I didnt know the pain would last this long... What can I do to treat it and hopefully make it go away?

P.S- the full poly was a trial/ one time thing, I usually go with a hybrid.

McLovin
10-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Rest + drugs. Seriously.

Stannie
10-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Don't play for a bit. If you end up switching from poly to, lets say, full natural gut (I wish I could do this...), it's going to be a HUGE transition...GL and stay well.

Irvin
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Exercise. I had a bad case of TE one time and someone told me to put a rubber band on my fingers and close my fingers so all the tips touch then expand my fingers out to stretch the rubber band. The rubber band on my fingers hurt when I expanded my fingers so I took the rubber band off and started expanding my fingers with nothing.

I did this all day long for at least a total of 1 hour per day every day. Two weeks later no more elbow pain. No rest no drugs.

Irvin

ratm355
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
http://rehabworks.ksc.nasa.gov/education/protocols/basicwristelbow.php

if you're serious about it. I do something similar to what Irvin said as a warmup for the exercises on that link. Start with a fist and open hand and fingers fully and them close them back to a fist. Do that as fast as you can for as long as you can.

jukebox
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks so much for all the help everybody! I'm trying out all your suggestions and see how it goes

tennisfreak15347
10-05-2008, 07:07 AM
two months? your poly was probably dead, which results in more shock impact into your arm. If the pain is really intense, take some over-the-counter anti inflammatory pills, but most importantly, ice your pain for twenty minutes every day. After you ice it, wait 30 minutes and do some slow stretching. This helped me heal my tennis elbow pretty quickly (2-3 weeks) during my off-time. However, if you can, try not to play tennis until it heals, or it wont get any better.

NewGuy
10-05-2008, 08:47 AM
we just went through this in our household -- rehabilitative exercise and rest from the specific activity that is producing the discomfort is the solution. good luck.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
10-05-2008, 08:48 AM
ice it. change strings.