PDA

View Full Version : X-One Biphase and its red version.

StumpyDaMooseGod
10-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I've heard that there is a difference between the natural and the red. If so, what is the difference. If the red is worse than the natural, is the difference significant enough that the natural should be used instead. I really like the red color and I'm wondering if the difference is that important that I should use the natural color instead.

Another question I will add to not take up forum space. Why is Titan Natural Gut cheap. Should just buy the other natural guts like Babolat Tonic+? If there is a reason why the Titan is cheap, is that reason good enough to try other natural guts instead?

Thanks. :)

ChuDat
10-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I've tried the X-1 natural and red before as a full set-up and to me they both felt the same. The red just looks weird when it begins to shred because you'll have red strings with some white parts were it shreded at.

Stannie
10-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Red felt chalky to me, IMO. Playability-wise, very similar (the red coating had a slight, cushion on the string. It's pretty much negligible {I get really picky in details} [this is what mse does to you...]).

eproxy
10-04-2008, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=StumpyDaMooseGod;2759063]I've heard that there is a difference between the natural and the red. If so, what is the difference. If the red is worse than the natural, is the difference significant enough that the natural should be used instead. I really like the red color and I'm wondering if the difference is that important that I should use the natural color instead.

Yes. There is, I read earlier on in the forum that the 2 actually play and feel quite differently and natural definitely beats the red one.

Another question I will add to not take up forum space. Why is Titan Natural Gut cheap. Should just buy the other natural guts like Babolat Tonic+? If there is a reason why the Titan is cheap, is that reason good enough to try other natural guts instead?

I think c/p wise, few comes better than tonic+.
Last considerably too ^^

tennisfreak15347
10-04-2008, 10:11 AM
some say that the red version of the X-one is more muted.

rich s
10-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I've played with natural color and red color... My opinion was that the red felt stiffer and didn't feel as comfortable as the natural color.

YMMV.

jcstennis
10-04-2008, 12:10 PM
yup, the Red has a more plastic feel to it... when playing and when stringing... still very nice to play with... i have used it as a cross string when looking to firm up a second or third racquet as opposed to my main racquet with X1 natural.:)

bigmatt
10-05-2008, 11:03 AM
In my experience, the red X-One Biphase plays softer and moves much more than the natural. Some of my customers were using natural in one frame and red in the other to facilitate rotating, but have since switched to natural in all frames, and different color stencils, etc., to help identify them.

StumpyDaMooseGod
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Is the difference significant enough that I should ditch the looks of red and go for the performance of natural?