PDA

View Full Version : changed bumper and grommets, but did not increase tension, ok?

morten
10-04-2008, 03:59 AM
i read somewhere that you should, but forgot to do it.

Richie Rich
10-04-2008, 04:41 AM
you'll be fine. some people say to increase a couple pounds to properly seat the strings in the grommets so you when this does happen you get same tension you are used to.

i say that unless you are really sensitive to tension you probably won't notice. i never increased tension when i put new grommets on and i didn't feel any difference.

rich s
10-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I started a post back in August asking the same question. There were close to 100 responses. Those who said you should increase tension had some compelling arguments as well as those who said you didn't need to increase tension.

Best I can figure is:

If raising the tension 2-3 lb works for you then do that. If not raising the tension works for you then do that.

If you forgot to raise the tension and you usually raise the tension, I'd be interested to hear your opinion after you've played with it.

Either way I think you wind up in a situation where both sides of the argument just need to agree to disagree.

My $.03

nickb
10-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Not this again......

rich s
10-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Not this again......

LOL....I was hoping to nip it in the bud with my post above

nickb
10-04-2008, 01:06 PM
LOL....I was hoping to nip it in the bud with my post above

Yeah you did but...we are on talk tennis here...people like to ignore the facts and carry on :)

"Here is a pic of nadal's racket...you can see the paintjob."

"Yeah but Nadal has switched to cortex since then...and he uses the Pro Hurricane Tour strings"

Richie Rich
10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
don't you guys know the world will end if you don't follow certain poster's instructions on string tension with new grommets to the letter? :cool: