PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fairway leather grips

HenryS12
10-04-2008, 09:10 AM
I've never used it before so I'm hoping others would know. I'm in the process of looking to buy the leather grips and was wondering if they come with adhesive backs? Just wanted to make sure so I know the authenticity of the grips.

Kirko
10-04-2008, 03:30 PM
I've never used it before so I'm hoping others would know. I'm in the process of looking to buy the leather grips and was wondering if they come with adhesive backs? Just wanted to make sure so I know the authenticity of the grips.

you will need double-sided tape with fairway grips.

AlpineCadet
10-17-2008, 11:36 PM

they do not come with an adhesive backing, but if you staple the starting end or secure the starting wrap with tape, it will hold its place. i have two frames with balmforth frairway leather grips with a small amount of tape at the buttcap, and they do not slip/shift at all. but do not take my word as gospel though.

kenshireen
10-18-2008, 03:02 PM
I've used leather grips for years.. Put a small tack in the butcap (actually its a very very thin nail) and then wrap the grip tight.. No need for 2 sided tape.

AlpineCadet
10-18-2008, 03:12 PM
No need for a nail, when you can just apply tape.

some6uy008
10-19-2008, 12:13 AM
I really like the fairway, but the TW leather is really nice and has adhersive backing. I think it is a really nice replacement leather grip.

kevlar
10-19-2008, 05:27 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/2j44v2g.jpg

kevlar
10-19-2008, 05:46 AM
but the TW leather is really nice and has adhersive backing

Adhesive back? If it was not for this I probably would want to purchase the thinnest version to give it a try sometimes, but adhesive back? No thanks