PDA

View Full Version : X-one = power?

DizBoiDanny
10-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Anyone else find the x-one powerful? even at 60? I find it powerful when i volley. I usually slice the balls at volley but now that i do it it is out by like 3 feets.

tennisfreak15347
10-05-2008, 06:38 AM
it definitely felt lively to me, even at 62

ogruskie
10-05-2008, 10:34 AM
X-One was too powerful at 60, even as a cross string in a poly/multi hybrid. This string is best for baseline bashers (I LOVE doing that), but there's no way in hell I could volley with that stuff.

Valjean
10-05-2008, 10:47 AM
http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2004/08/tecnifibre_xone_biphase_17.html

Contained this, back then when it was new, even: "Our playtester team loved this string, giving it the highest Power rating of any string we’ve playtested, dethroning Tecnifibre 515 16L (our previously highest rated string), and moving Tecnifibre NRG2 SPL 17 from second place to third highest of all time. They also loved the Comfort, awarding X-One Biphase our best-ever rating of all the strings we’ve tested.

In addition, our team rated X-One Biphase third place overall both in Playability and in Spin Potential (the Biphase process in action?), and fourth place overall in Touch/Feel. For good measure, they also rated it well above average in Control....."

Il Mostro
10-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Never had a problem on any type of volley with X-1 and pretty much live at the net in doubles. If you are looking for a similar string you might try Xcel Power -- similar pop with a somewhat softer feel. I play both, depending on the racquet.

Fedace
10-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Anyone else find the x-one powerful? even at 60? I find it powerful when i volley. I usually slice the balls at volley but now that i do it it is out by like 3 feets.

It is Same as NRG 2. i tried the NRG 2 for the first time and it was much better than the X-1. SAme power, less TEnsion loss, more spin and more control. what can i say.:)

DizBoiDanny
10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I need a less power string. This string IS to powerful. I like everything about it, but the power. Anyone have try any strings like this? but less power?

Valjean
10-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Try NXT Max or Tecnifibre's new TR3.

Blade0324
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree X-1 is extremely powerful to me. It is not the kind of power I find with Gut. I can control power with gut very easily but I could never find a good groove or tension for X-1. Will never use it again.

Octavianus
10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
I have used both, X One and NRG2 and I have found both to be too powerful for my liking. I have switched to Babolat Xcel 2008 and the string is a lot less powerful and more comfortable. I now use Xcel exclusively on all my racquets.

andreh
10-07-2008, 01:11 AM
NRG2 and X-one are decent strings but nothing compared to gut, which they are designed to resemble. The NRG2 is plenty powerful at low tensions but then you don't have the same control as with gut. At higher tensions control increases a little, but the sweetspot becomes dull and too small.

A tip for the OP is to lower the tension of the crosses compared to the mains by 2-4 lbs. They you can have a little of both worlds.

DizBoiDanny
10-07-2008, 02:59 AM
i put the mains higher than the crosses, usually 2lbs higher. but next time i will try your tip andreh

andreh
10-07-2008, 03:38 AM
i put the mains higher than the crosses, usually 2lbs higher. but next time i will try your tip andreh

That's exactly what I said. Crosses lower than mains, mains higher than crosses. It's the same thing.

AR15
10-07-2008, 05:13 AM
I usually string the X1 in the mains at about 58, and Redcode (or other poly) in the crosses at about 54. The poly mutes the power of the X1, but the combo is plenty powerful when first strung. After a few weeks (if the X1 isn't broken), the strings feel dead.