PDA

View Full Version : Do you lose more tension on high or low?

supertrex
10-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Let say you just strung your racquet at 61 lbs, then after 2 days you lose tension.

But do you lose more? coz u stretch the string more?

And when you set your tension say 55 you lose tension less?

Note this is only for racquet just sitting around for 2 -3 days after freshly strung.

b0oMeR
10-05-2008, 07:11 PM
The higher tensino you string at the more tension there is available to lose. So Yes you would lose more tension but the ratio would i think be the same.

phucng_10
10-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Well, I use Kevlar and Nylon strings so my tension stayed put for about 3-4 months. It was strung at 60lbs both crosses and mains at first, but I didn't feel a tension drop till about the 4th month.

Although today when I was hitting with my racquet, it felt that tension has dropped dramatically. It's too soft now but I'll have to get used to it until my Crossfire IIs come in.

b0oMeR
10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Phucng...Everything loses tension and strings certainly will not stay at their pulled weight for very long. You probably won't be able to feel tension loss very well on kevlar and nylon anyways...

Considering how long you've had the strings for the tension has probably dropped dramatically from the time it was strung. I break my strings every 2/3 weeks and I can feel the tension loss from the 2nd day ( I let set for 24 hours) and on the 4th day. I use polys which are known to do that... But it doesn't really matter because I break the strings before they drop too much

ODYSSEY Mk.4
10-05-2008, 07:53 PM
^^^ agreed 100%
loss in tension can be negligible to very noticeable it will depend on the string type and player both