PDA

View Full Version : Arm numb after long play

NickH87
10-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Well I dont know if its because my muscles are sore from working out plus tennis or is it the racquet with the 62 lbs string tension?

I have a Head TiS6 and with the pre-strung strings and tension I have never experienced this, only once when I demo'd the dunlop aerogel tour and I though it happened because the grip was too small.

But yesterday I was hitting for about 45 minutes against a wall and some time later, my arms was not completely numb, but just dead tired and not very useful.

Even when I tried to sleep, it was bothering me, I woke up, and it feels the same way.

SteveI
10-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Well I dont know if its because my muscles are sore from working out plus tennis or is it the racquet with the 62 lbs string tension?

I have a Head TiS6 and with the pre-strung strings and tension I have never experienced this, only once when I demo'd the dunlop aerogel tour and I though it happened because the grip was too small.

But yesterday I was hitting for about 45 minutes against a wall and some time later, my arms was not completely numb, but just dead tired and not very useful.

Even when I tried to sleep, it was bothering me, I woke up, and it feels the same way.

Hi,

The Head TiS6 aka "The Arm Killer". The frame is great for players with slow, short strokes. If you are a player that takes a rip at the ball, it is not the frame for you. One local player here had to quit the game after using that frame.

Head Size:
115 sq. in. / 742 sq. cm.
Length: 27.75 inches / 70 cm
Strung Weight: 8.9oz / 252g
Balance: 8 pts Head Heavy
Swingweight: 318
Stiffness: 75 Beam Width: Straight Beam Widebody
Composition: Graphite/Titanium Composite
Power Level: High
Swing Speed: Slow-Moderate
Grip Type: Head Cusion Grip
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T,7H,9H
One Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 57-66 pounds

NickH87
10-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Well I guess that takes care of that, time for a new frame. I was ripping the ball yesterday, I have close to a full fast stroke, god my arm is just dead right now.

Can you explain to me the head heavy points? I dont really understand that point system and what the points mean.

NickH87
10-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I am looking at the prince speedport Red and Black, and the Wilson K Blade Team

Specs

Wilson K Blade team
Head Size:
104 sq. in. / 671 sq. cm.
Length: 27.3 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 10.7oz / 303g
Balance: 4.2pts Head Light
Swingweight: 320
Stiffness: 57
Beam Width: 22 mm Straight Beam
Composition: [K]arophite Black w / X Loop Weave At 3 & 9 o'clock
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: Kontrol Grip
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 9T,9H
One Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 53-63 pounds

Speedport red
Head Size:
105 sq. in. / 677 sq. cm.
Length: 27.25 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 10.5oz / 298g
Balance: 1pts Head Light
Swingweight: 321
Stiffness: 65
Beam Width: 23-25-23 mm Tapered Beam
Composition: GraphitExtreme / Copper / Titanium / Tungsten
Power Level: Low-Medium
Swing Speed: Moderate-Fast
Grip Type: DuraPro+
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 7T.9T.7H.9H
One Piece
No shared holes

Speedport black
Head Size:
100 sq. in. / 645 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 11.3oz / 320g
Balance: 5pts Head Light
Swingweight: 327
Stiffness: 70
Beam Width: 23-22-22 mm Tapered Beam
Composition: GraphitExtreme / Copper / Titanium / Tungsten
Power Level: Low-Medium
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: DuraPro+
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 7T.9T.7H.9H
One Piece
No shared holes

JohnTN
10-05-2008, 02:58 PM
The balance "points" are measured in 1/8 inch increments, and refer to how many 1/8's of an inch the racquet balance is from the center of the racquet length.

If a racquet is 27 inches long, its mid-point is 13 1/2 inches from the end of the handle, or tip of the head. If it balances at this mid-point it is neither head heavy or head light.

If the balance point turns out to be 13 7/8 inches from the end of the handle, that is 3/8's of an inch past the mid-point and is said to be 3 points head heavy - having to move the balance point toward the head indicates the head is heavier.

Generally, head light racquets (balance point is closer to end of handle than tip of head) are more arm friendly.

John

NickH87
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Thank you, makes perfect sense.

SteveI
10-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Thank you, makes perfect sense.

Nick,

Get something in the 11.5 oz (or higher) range, HL (5-6 ponits) and soft flex. Stay away from polys. Many frames in the range. Sell the TiS6 to someone 80 years old. Thing is a piece of ****.. not to mention they fold up on the stringer and break strings like crazy. Save your arm.

Steve

NickH87
10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Nick,

Get something in the 11.5 oz (or higher) range, HL (5-6 ponits) and soft flex. Stay away from polys. Many frames in the range. Sell the TiS6 to someone 80 years old. Thing is a piece of ****.. not to mention they fold up on the stringer and break strings like crazy. Save your arm.

Steve

Lol will do, Im going to keep the racquet around though, I am going to see how many I can collect until I get old.