PDA

View Full Version : Pro Supex Order (sorry its lengthy)

jvis
10-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I have been very interested in pro supex strings as of recent, and I am now considering buying a few sets of their strings to try out. I am looking for a setup (whether hybrid or full job) that I will always be able to stick to, that doesnt mean I wont experiment, but I would like a solid base to compare with and to use on a regular basis. I have recently recieved some money that is enough to get what I think I'll need.

Some information you might wish to consider. I am 13 years old, I use a leaded up Dunlop AG300. I am a very good junior in Canada, I play from the baseline mostly(flat hitter) but I do know how to play at the net. I am looking for control as my main need in this string, however I like to string my racquets in the low to mid 50's, so this might be tough. I am coming from PHT mains/ PSGM crosses. I never break strings.

This is what I think i should order.

-One set of Big Ace micro(hybrid)
-One set of 17 BA (hybrid)
-Two sets of Black Spiral Flex (hybrids)
-One set of 18 BA (Full Job)
-One set of BG (Hybrid)
-One set of Syn gut Titan

Any thoughts on changes to the order or comments on the hybrids/full jobs or their tensions would be much appreciated.

I know this post may be lengthy, and I am sorry if it was, but I need to get this order right, because I dont have enough money to order twice.

Thank you very much for all of your help in advance.

appppppppple
10-05-2008, 01:00 PM
should add 1 set of BA micro just to hit with for fun

mozzer
10-05-2008, 01:38 PM
In my vantage 95, i use Premier ace/syngut titan at 58/57. It plays great, good pop but also excellent spin so there is good control too.

jvis
10-05-2008, 01:52 PM
does anyone think i should substitute out the BA 18 for a set of Micro?
Thanks

bumfluff
10-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I would maybe change one of the spiral flexes for a titan. What about getting rid of a set of the 17 for the micro so that you cover every gauge possible. It depends on what you like, if you prefer thicker strings then don't bother with the micro but seeing as you don't break strings it might be worth a try.

PED
10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
does anyone think i should substitute out the BA 18 for a set of Micro?
Thanks

Keep the 18g because in reality, it's a 1.22 which is actually more like a 17L or so. The 1.22 has the most power of the BA family. The 1.25 probably is the best all around of spin power and control.

Bumfluff is correct above, try out some Titan as well. It's softer than the Spiral. I've used both extensively and always like the Titan more because it's much softer but they're both great strings.

jvis
10-05-2008, 04:45 PM
thanks its updated