PDA

View Full Version : I need a winter overgrip

ogruskie
10-05-2008, 07:07 PM
The temperature is dropping...which means that I need a new overgrip to suit the cold weather.

Wilson Pro = No. Don't like it during the winter.
Tourna = Demolishes my palm
Pro Supex is my OG of choice. However, during cold weather, the grip feels too thick. The tacky quality isn't that great either for skin.

I need something like Pro Supex grips, but SLIGHTLY thinner and LESS tackier. Any such grips?

phucng_10
10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Less tacky for the Winter?! You need a tacky grip for Winter from what I see... the weather is so cold that playing with no tack grips will send your racquet flying! Anyways, I suggest the Gamma Supreme OG if you're going to think about getting tacky grips... By the way, what part of CA do you live?

ogruskie
10-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Less tacky for the Winter?! You need a tacky grip for Winter from what I see... the weather is so cold that playing with no tack grips will send your racquet flying! Anyways, I suggest the Gamma Supreme OG if you're going to think about getting tacky grips... By the way, what part of CA do you live?

Well, I still need tackiness but not quite as much. My palm is extremely sensitive during the winter, and whatever I use, I get rough callusus patches.

I live in the Bay Area. I live in a city that's like a 1 hour drive away from SF. It was quite chilly last night.

Nanshiki
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Use a glove.

phucng_10
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, I still need tackiness but not quite as much. My palm is extremely sensitive during the winter, and whatever I use, I get rough callusus patches.

I live in the Bay Area. I live in a city that's like a 1 hour drive away from SF. It was quite chilly last night.

Well, I've only used 3 overgrips so far from what I started playing tennis until now and they're the Tournagrip, Gamma Supreme, Wilson Pro Overgrip... Never really used anything other then that but I heard that the Tournagrip II's are a bit thinner then the first and tackier as well. Also, you might want to use some athletic tape if those calluses are bothering you.

Lejanius
10-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I just recently switched to Yonnex overgrip and I have to say I really love it. I have always used tournagrip but the Yonnex overgrip lasts a lot longer and has some grip to it and seems to stay intact a long time, plus it comes in good colors and it is cheap to pick up a pack and try it out.

I was impressed enough to switch to it full time

ClubHoUno
10-05-2008, 09:13 PM
I've tried the Wilson Pro, Yonex Supergrap and Gamma Supreme overgrip and in my view nothing beats the Gamma Supreme overgrip in general and especially on cold winter days :D

So try the Gamma Supreme Overgrip - I think it will be just what you're looking for in an over grip.

Spatula
10-06-2008, 04:50 AM
I really like the Babolat Versus Teams' I think they are called in white. 12 packs for 10/11 beans!

Teamtomo
10-10-2008, 11:13 PM
try wilson pro soft, less tackier than the pro but very soft and comfy

Leelord337
10-10-2008, 11:19 PM
dunlop overgrips are pretty nice. i received a 3 pack for free when i bought my 300g's a while back and really loved them. but i've been using wilson pro for years now and don't think i would go back to dunlop anytime soon.

mozzer
10-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Try tournagip 2 unless thats the one you meant you tried.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
10-11-2008, 01:02 PM
i got loads of super grap/tourna 2 i don't mind sending you some to try but i use tourna on very hot days but so far super grap (yonex) has been my 24/7 grip of choice

phucng_10
10-11-2008, 02:08 PM
i got loads of super grap/tourna 2 i don't mind sending you some to try but i use tourna on very hot days but so far super grap (yonex) has been my 24/7 grip of choice

How are the Super Graps? I heard so much about them, but none of the stores around my area carries them.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
10-11-2008, 02:15 PM
How are the Super Graps? I heard so much about them, but none of the stores around my area carries them.

its like, well think Tourna--------Super Grap-------- Wilson Pro
its right in the middle perfect for me in this weather (about an hour from you) has great tack but still absorbs very well
i ordered 3 30 packs i love them that much... again your local shoot me an email id gladly sent you one:)

phucng_10
10-11-2008, 02:28 PM
its like, well think Tourna--------Super Grap-------- Wilson Pro
its right in the middle perfect for me in this weather (about an hour from you) has great tack but still absorbs very well
i ordered 3 30 packs i love them that much... again your local shoot me an email id gladly sent you one:)

Woah, alright. Thanks for letting me get one of those Super Graps! I'll send you a PM right now.

alcap26
10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I also agree that Gamma Supreme is better than Tourna, Wilson Pro, Babolat, and Supergrap. I have pretty much tried all over grips including at one time prokennex, all prince, luxilon, fischer, and on and on and I keep coming back to Gamma Supreme.

ag200boy
10-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I also agree that Gamma Supreme is better than Tourna, Wilson Pro, Babolat, and Supergrap. I have pretty much tried all over grips including at one time prokennex, all prince, luxilon, fischer, and on and on and I keep coming back to Gamma Supreme.

luxilon overgrips?