PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on backpacks for racquets & gear

inspired_tennis
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
So i'm still trying to decide on a bag for my racquets. I ordered (2) PDR + so i should be getting those by tomorrow but i'm still trying to decide on a bag. It's either b/t the 6 pack Team line or the 6 pack AeroPro bag. One thing i love about the AeroPro bag (6 pack) is BOTH compartments are Isotherm technology from the weather, etc... So that's an added bonus b/c the 6 pack in the Team doesn't have it at all. You have to get the 9 pack and even then, it's not but in one of the compartments.

I've also been looking at the backpacks. In particular the Team Line backpack. What are backpacks generally good for as far as use? Now that i think about it, i very rarely carry much with me. Other than racquets, and misc. things such as wristbands, visor, and 1 or 2 cans of balls. Really don't need space for shoes or apparel b/c 9/10 times i already have on what i'm going to wear. I guess my question is for the backpack, is there a compartment for the misc. items i mentioned? And would it suffice for what i need it for?

Zielmann
10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
It sounds like the backpack would work fine for you. I know a guy who carries three frames and all his stuff in a backpack-type bag, and it works great for him.

It's surprising how much you can cram into one of those bags, even with two or three frames in it.

I also wouldn't worry too much about the isotherm technology. Unless the bag with isotherm costs the same as the one without, don't bother with it. My bag doesn't use it, and I haven't noticed any weather-related problems at all. Now, if I were going to be keeping the bag in my trunk for an extended period of time, I might be tempted to get a bag with thermal protection. But if you're just going to transport it to the courts and back, and have it sit outside at the courts, I don't think it's worth it.

inspired_tennis
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks a lot Zielmann, i really appreciate your input!

Any other comments?

Drewwonu
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I had the choice of a wilson k tour 6 bag and a wilson ktour backpack (large) i chose the bag but i kind of wish i chose the backpack. It kind of looks cool with the grip handle hanging out plus its convenient to take your racquet to school if you dont carry allot of gear.

inspired_tennis
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Yea that's what i'm thinking also about it being convienient (sp). I guess my only question is if i decide to get more racquets, where will i keep them? I guess i could still get a 6 pack and have the backpack. And if i play then just take the backpack w/ 2 racquets and keep the rest in the bag back at home?.? What do you guys think?

Zielmann
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
That would work fine, unless you plan on breaking the strings on both the ones you take with you (would actually be a concern for me if they aren't both fresh jobs). And you should be able to cram a third in the backpack if you want to.

AR15
10-07-2008, 04:59 AM
Thanks a lot Zielmann, i really appreciate your input!

Any other comments?

Backpacks are for girls.:wink:

inspired_tennis
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
AR15....

LMAO!!! No they're for convienience (sp?) I really don't need all the space. I actually think they're pretty cool. I like going against the norm. I'll still prolly get a 6 pack in case i get more racquets, which i'm sure that'll happen. I wanna try out the KBlade 98. I may switch back to Wilson if i like the feel of that one over the PDR+

Booyah
10-07-2008, 11:20 AM
yeah i seriously think you should get a six pack, in the future you will be very thankful. i have had my wilson six pack as my first bag and still have it. grateful that i can carry all my gear. sure, i wear my shoes and clothes to the court, but it always comes in handy for the extra racquets, and warm clothes.

Behtareen
10-10-2008, 02:30 PM
if you dont have a six pack get a backpack. if you have a six pack bag go for the backpack.

Il Mostro
10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Some 3 packs have backpack straps. Tecnifiber is one of those.

OleNole
10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I have the bigger bag-Head Extreme Combipack. It was great for tournaments because I could bring three or four racquets plus clothes, strings, shoes, etc. But now that I'm at college I wish I had the packback because it's smaller and easier to carry around.
Also, if you only have 2 racquets, what's the point of a 6+ racquet bag?