PDA

View Full Version : X-1 mains, Hurricane 18g crosses

christo
10-07-2008, 09:42 AM
My latest experiment after being out gunned recently, is a hybrid of TF X-1 BiPhase 17g mains @60 with Bab Pro Hurricane 18g crosses @55. Strung in a Volkl DNX 10 MP, stock except for a leather grip, weighs in at about 12.2 ozs. First impressions are favorable, nice feel and sound, good pocketing, spin production. Not sure how it will be a week from now, at about $12 a pop, I hope I can get a couple of weeks of high quality hitting before it goes dead. In an 18x20 string bed I doubt if it will break anytime soon

Matty G
10-07-2008, 10:24 AM
If you are trying to get a few weeks try some polys like topspin cyber blue , sppp or big ace all beter strings than ph imo.

zidane339
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey Christo, I bought the KBT off of you. The PH 18g you have in there has a ton of power for a poly. What did you string it at? I couldnt control it at first. Also, it feels quite different from reg polys, the strings move around quite a bit.

christo
10-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Zidane, well I believe that frame had 18g PH mains and if I remember I was experimenting as usual and I strung them @45lbs with Reaction 18g crosses @ 55. Now given that PH18g is very different than it's 17g brother, it's softer and loses more tension, it's possible that it is too low in tension hence the lack of control. I still like it though, it doesn't go dead as quickly as most other polys I've tried.

zidane339
10-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi Zidane, well I believe that frame had 18g PH mains and if I remember I was experimenting as usual and I strung them @45lbs with Reaction 18g crosses @ 55. Now given that PH18g is very different than it's 17g brother, it's softer and loses more tension, it's possible that it is too low in tension hence the lack of control. I still like it though, it doesn't go dead as quickly as most other polys I've tried.

Wow 45lbs! that must explain it. The power I was getting was ridiculous for a poly, and it was nice and soft too.I'll have to experiment with polys at lower tensions, I think I like the feel.

Thanks!