PDA

View Full Version : Hybriding Multi/Synthetics?

democjo4
10-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Do people hybrid multi's/synthetics in a racquet? I was thinking about putting a multi in the mains and synthetic in the crosses to cut down on costs of using a full multi job. Does this happen or will the playability go down?

bronco_mba
10-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I string with a hybrid syn gut/multi (PSGD M/Max Touch X) at max tension in my RDS001 MP. A little more pop than a full syn gut job, without the mush of a full multi job.

democjo4
10-07-2008, 03:49 PM
I string with a hybrid syn gut/multi (PSGD M/Max Touch X) at max tension in my RDS001 MP. A little more pop than a full syn gut job, without the mush of a full multi job.

What's the main difference in putting the synthetic in the mains and vice-versa? Would a synthetic/multi hybrid last three months for a non stringbreaker?

tennisfreak15347
10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
What's the main difference in putting the synthetic in the mains and vice-versa? Would a synthetic/multi hybrid last three months for a non stringbreaker?

maybe not; the multi might go mushy/dead and/or lose too much tension. if you want something to last three months, synthetic gut is the way to go.

smirker
10-08-2008, 06:23 AM

If you want feel/playability then put multi in the mains. If durability is the main concern may as well stick with a thickish guage syn gut. It may last 3 months but would you really want to play with it for that long? I always cut my strings out if they don't break first once I start to notice a decrease in playability.

Best string I have found so far for maintaining playability is Weisscannon Explosiv.

bronco_mba
10-08-2008, 12:32 PM

For me, I need the syn gut in the mains to get more than a week out of the strings. So, I put the syn gut in the mains for durability. I also feel like I get a little more control out of the string bed with the syn gut in the mains.

As stated above, the syn gut/multi set up may last a non-string breaker three months, but playability is likely long gone before that time.