PDA

View Full Version : The Real Pro X-1 Specs?

Richard Pur
03-30-2004, 03:59 AM
So what are the real Slazenger Pro X-1 Specs? The Slazenger folks say the racquet weighs 11.5 oz strung, 64 stiffness and even balance. A TW Warehouse competitor goes as far as saying the racquet is 22 mm constant beam (wrong - 20 mm). Now TW says the strung weight is 12.0 oz and 8 points headlight. Quite a difference isn't it?

A previous post had a reply that made it sound like the racquet is out there already. If anyone has hit with it, I'd love to here from you. What racquet(s) does it compare to? ROK, Tour 95?

Also, do the Slazenger racquets have a more rectangular grip like the Heads? I usually use a 5/8" Wilson grip (more square?). If I'm looking at a racquet with a rectangular grip, shouldn't I get the 1/2", build up the side and get my 5/8" square grip that way? Otherwise, if I buy a 5/8" rectangular grip and try a square it up, I'll end up with a grip larger than 5/8".

netman
03-31-2004, 03:02 AM
IMHO, the TW specs will probably be the most accurate. They have stated in the past they take a handful of the same frame and measure the specs, then average the result. I don't believe the Slaz site mentions that the weight is a strung or unstrung weight. Since string adds about .5 oz. , it makes sense that the Slaz site number is unstrung and the TW number strung. Also, as mentioned in this forum before, manufacturing variances can be pretty high in the racquet biz, with fairly wide differences frame to frame, so the TW method makes sense to smooth the results.

Per you grip question, I switched to the PBH from a Hyper PS 5.0. Both had 4 5/8 grips and if anything the Slaz grip felt slightly smaller. Mine is wrapped with a Wilson TL Gel Grip and Wilson H20 overgrip and fits perfectly.

Ken

Steve Huff
03-31-2004, 03:43 AM
The Pro Braideds I've held seemed to have a nice, round (ala Wilson) shaped grip.