PDA

View Full Version : Question about overgrips?

inspired_tennis
10-08-2008, 12:14 AM
What is a good overgrip to use? I'm currently using either the Babolat Symbio or Syntec overgrip. I can't remember which one but i do know it's the ones that come w/ the plastic case to hold them in. When i was using it earlier tonight, i noticed my hands were really getting sweaty. Should this be happening? This was the first time i used it. Would any of you recommend another overgrip? Whether it's Babolat or even Wilson? That's what i've used before when i had a Wilson racquet and they worked well. i didn't notice my hands nearly as sweaty. What do you guys think?

Lefty5
10-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Bab grips are the worst. Based on your problem, i think the consensus on this msg board is that you need to use Tournagrip.

Zielmann
10-08-2008, 08:46 AM
The Wilson Pro overgrips are good. Unfortunately, it's hard to find any color other than white, which doesn't play well with sweaty hands. You'll very quickly have a whitish grip with lots of darker splotches on it, which is pretty ugly. I don't really care about that so much, but I don't have a huge problem with sweating.

Booyah
10-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah wilson pro or tournagrip sounds like the grip for you. id recommend you try the tournagrip in your case since it seems like you have sweaty hands.

inspired_tennis
10-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I could tell from jump street the overgrip by Babolat pretty much sucked. I'm going by my local tennis shop and picking up the tournagrip asap!

game set match 46 TIMES!!
10-08-2008, 01:32 PM
try wil pro dude thats better then tourna and last longer

counter_puncher
10-08-2008, 04:18 PM
wilson pro is WAY better than tournagrip

ronalditop
10-08-2008, 04:36 PM
wilson pro gray is awesome and looks nice.

phucng_10
10-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I'd suggest Tournagrip. They're great grips and last a decent amount of time. Plus you can use both sides!

JakeHCoker
10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Wilson Pro. Only one I can even use lol. I hate the others.

rabidturtle
10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I use to play with those wilson overgrips for really sweaty hands, and they work like a charm. The only problem is that they aren't very comfortable. If you don't hit very hard then they're probably the way to go. I prefer the tacky Yonex overgrips over the wilson pro, but they are both good

skierpaul
10-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Bab grips are the worst. Based on your problem, i think the consensus on this msg board is that you need to use Tournagrip.

I absolutely love the VS Grip Original. Whats the problem? I tried Wilson Pro Overgrips for a while and came back to the Babolat.

Tombhoneb
10-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Only ever used the VS Original, got given some and just continued to use them. When i'm all out of the VS's i am going to get some Wilson Pro's, seeing on the most part they get much better reviews than the VS.

eneka
10-14-2008, 08:12 PM
i currently using the VS original and i love how they feel, seems better than the wilson prosoft but i find that i lose the "feel" after only 2 weeks and the wilson prosoft would be able to last about 3-4 weeks. i have tried the tournagrip but i find it too "dry". Any other types of overgrips that have a similar feel to the VS original but would last longer?

ODYSSEY Mk.4
10-15-2008, 12:13 AM
if you sweat a lot, Tourna Grip. If not Super Grap/ Wilson Pro

mikeler
10-15-2008, 06:31 AM
I play in Florida and prefer Yonex Supergrap because of the tackiness. As for the sweat, you really have to towel off frequently and change your wristbands several times during a hot match. I've also used tennis gloves when none of the above work. Bottom line, no grip can stay completely dry although the ones recommended here do tend to stay the driest.

greenfan
10-16-2008, 12:55 AM
I also use the Babolat VS white. First of all it's the thinest of all and doesn't add to much on my grip. It lasts fairly enough and it's tacky although I have sweaty hands too. I tried the tourna grip but it wears off very quickly....