PDA

View Full Version : Head Ultra Tour 16L poly

Lejanius
10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
So I just picked up some of this string cheap, anyone have any experience with it or reviews on it?

siow_a
10-09-2008, 07:47 AM
So I just picked up some of this string cheap, anyone have any experience with it or reviews on it?

Yeah...I played with this in a Haed LE radical...It has nice spin, good control, power was not as good as the ALLU. Softer than Luxilon Big Ace 18. Never did a full job with Luxilon Big Ace 18...so I can not give you a side-by-side comparison. Using(Main & Crosses) it in the Prince Pro ozone Tour and it provided more spin then the BDE 16g gut / Luxilon Big Ace 18g setup and more power(mainly because I could swing away more).

The ball was flying off my racquet and I am string it up full Head Ultra 16 from 60/57 to 62/59 for more control.

Irvin
10-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Just curious if you already have the string because it was so cheap what difference does it make about what we think of it? Everyone won't get the deal you did.

I bought Gosen Polylon because it was cheap and have now gone through several reels of it. Doesn't matter to me what everyone else thinks of it. I was putting a BIG BRAND name poly string in one junior player's racket and he would break them in a couple of days dead center of the racket. I suggested he switch to Polylon and it last him about a month. When the strings do break he wears the 15L cross string as thin as a ribbon and the cross string(s) break.

Irvin

Lejanius
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I ask because I only use three racquets and before I throw this on mine I was curious what experiences everyone else has had. Also it is nice to be on the lookout for other things, like if someone says they get good spin off it I can pay attention to the spin

Not that this matter since I put it on my racquet anyway and I really like it. The string is softer than I thought it would be.

on a side note I was asking because I like to hear other people's opinions on the matter not because I needed validation form other people on a purchase I made.

BallBeemer
10-09-2008, 06:14 PM
its a good strin just an hour or 2 of "break in" time