PDA

View Full Version : Practice String

charlievt9
10-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for a durable string just for practices. Im not looking for spin, power, control. I just need an extra durable string to help me practice without having to restring every 2 days.

topspinalex
10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Babolat Pro Hurricane? lasts pretty long for me

charlievt9
10-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I play with Pro Supex Big Ace which has good durability and I break them in 4-5 hours. So I need something JUST durable. I dont care about feel, power, etc. its just for practice

tennisfreak15347
10-09-2008, 06:58 PM
how many racquets do you have? A cheap tournament nylon or kelvar-coated syn gut like prince synthetic gut w/ duraflex would work "just for practice," but it would require you to have a great deal of racquets, considering how fast you break big ace. Cheap kelvar would be an option, or cheap polyester in reels (gamma durablast)

charlievt9
10-09-2008, 07:02 PM
I have 3 k6.1 Tour and to tell you the truth I dont care what string is, I just need at least 4 days, I may consider using 15 gauge just to make it last.

smirker
10-10-2008, 01:14 AM
I have 3 k6.1 Tour and to tell you the truth I dont care what string is, I just need at least 4 days, I may consider using 15 gauge just to make it last.

Ashaway Crossfire kevlar hybrid sets. Cheap and durable with great spin and feel if you string it low.

Matty G
10-10-2008, 05:37 AM
Ashaway Crossfire kevlar hybrid sets. Cheap and durable with great spin and feel if you string it low.

Yea this will be your best bet

Irvin
10-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Hey guys I'm looking for a durable string just for practices. Im not looking for spin, power, control. I just need an extra durable string to help me practice without having to restring every 2 days.

Seems to me you would want to practice with the racket and strings you would play your matches with. If your racket feels different every time you pick it up you are going to start compensating.

Find a longer lasting string you like or start using string savers.

Irvin