PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Ashaway Kevlar

kevlar
10-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Do not understand why Ashaway sells their kevlar only in reels. Too confident in their product or what? My opinion is that these hybrid string candidates should all be sold in half sets for us to shop around and experiment. Is Ashaway kevlar that good selling therefore makes its manufacturer so arrogant?

smirker
10-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Do not understand why Ashaway sells their kevlar only in reels. Too confident in their product or what? My opinion is that these hybrid string candidates should all be sold in half sets for us to shop around and experiment. Is Ashaway kevlar that good selling therefore makes its manufacturer so arrogant?

You obviously haven't seen Ashaway Crossfire then?

diredesire
10-10-2008, 01:26 AM
what are you talking about? :confused::confused:

They sell hybrid sets as well as reels. The reels are sold for those users who know they DO want kevlar (mains), and they can cross the strings with whatever they like. It is also cheaper to buy a reel of Kev if you have a good, cost effective syn gut that you like.

(btw, both are listed here: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/AshawayString.html)

kmartin
10-10-2008, 03:32 AM
what are you talking about? :confused::confused:

They sell hybrid sets as well as reels. The reels are sold for those users who know they DO want kevlar (mains), and they can cross the strings with whatever they like. It is also cheaper to buy a reel of Kev if you have a good, cost effective syn gut that you like.

(btw, both are listed here: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/AshawayString.html)

That's true, but I've been toying with the idea of trying a full Kevlar set at low tension. To do that you'd have to buy two sets of Crossfire, or gamble that you're going to like it, and take a chance on at least a half reel.

kevlar
10-10-2008, 05:01 AM
For CrossFire, what do I do with the half set of don't-know-what synthetic gut they hard sell to me, which I have no use of? Why can't I get to purchase a full set of Ashaway kevlar for either one full set of full kevlar string job or 2 hybrid string jobs combined with two cross strings of my choice?