PDA

View Full Version : APDC + Synthetic gut

kups
10-10-2008, 06:47 AM
I'm going to buy Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex and I can't decide what synthetic gut to put on (tons on the market). Can anyone help me? I'm a 3.5 - 4.0 player (intermediate player). I want power and control (hate natural gut coz of the price :) ). From what i've been reading in the forum POSG and PSGD are both great string. I want to work my way form synthetics first to multi, up to poly strings. thanks.

ag200boy
10-10-2008, 06:48 AM
multis are softer and more forgiving then syn guts, not the other way around

kups
10-10-2008, 06:52 AM
multis are softer and more forgiving then syn guts, not the other way around

really??? i thought synthetics are the most forgiving strings in the market. i have x-one biphase 17g and i would love to try that after giving a syn guts a try first. based on the 2007 string of the year survey, x-one biphase 17g always lands on the second place.

coolblue123
10-10-2008, 07:01 AM
currently using Prince Syn Gut 16 on my APDC @ 60. It was strung free with my purchase here. It's a okay string. It has a bit more power than what I am use to. My other APDC is a CyberFlash 16 @ 57. That has alot more control.

But other than strings moving around, not really any complaints. Probably going to break in the next session.

ag200boy
10-10-2008, 07:05 AM
really??? i thought synthetics are the most forgiving strings in the market. i have x-one biphase 17g and i would love to try that after giving a syn guts a try first. based on the 2007 string of the year survey, x-one biphase 17g always lands on the second place.

nope. syn guts are probably the best for the money, but multis are going to be softer and more powerful.

kups
10-10-2008, 07:10 AM
currently using Prince Syn Gut 16 on my APDC @ 60. It was strung free with my purchase here. It's a okay string. It has a bit more power than what I am use to. My other APDC is a CyberFlash 16 @ 57. That has alot more control.

But other than strings moving around, not really any complaints. Probably going to break in the next session.

thanks! i'll definitely try prince syn guts.

kups
10-10-2008, 07:11 AM
nope. syn guts are probably the best for the money, but multis are going to be softer and more powerful.

what can you recommend a good lively multi strings with lots of pop, power and control?

Il Mostro
10-10-2008, 07:53 AM
what can you recommend a good lively multi strings with lots of pop, power and control?

I like X-1 on the APDC. It begs for a string that has some feeling & life to it. I have not tried Xcel Power on it but, based on my experience with this string, think it would also be good. IMO, going to something too soft like Xcel 2008 (as good a string as it is) or a dead feeling string (like Sensation) is a move in the wrong direction.

kups
10-10-2008, 10:51 AM
I like X-1 on the APDC. It begs for a string that has some feeling & life to it. I have not tried Xcel Power on it but, based on my experience with this string, think it would also be good. IMO, going to something too soft like Xcel 2008 (as good a string as it is) or a dead feeling string (like Sensation) is a move in the wrong direction.

I will try x-one biphase 17g. from what i read, i heard its a very good string. tnx

Il Mostro
10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
I will try x-one biphase 17g. from what i read, i heard its a very good string. tnx

If you feel it is too crisp for you, try Xcel Power. Also, X-1 does feel a little crisper during the first 2-3 hours. Some people feel it needs a couple of hours of break-in to play its best, but it has never bothered me.

ag200boy
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
yeah i would definetely go with x-1 or nxt, if you have problems with durability, then try putting some gosen OG sheep micro or prince synthetic gut (no duraflex) in the crosses to save some $$$

kups
10-11-2008, 06:03 AM
yeah i would definetely go with x-1 or nxt, if you have problems with durability, then try putting some gosen OG sheep micro or prince synthetic gut (no duraflex) in the crosses to save some $$$

thanks. i'll give this one a try also. if ever, this will be my first hybrid strings :)

ag200boy
10-11-2008, 09:58 AM
thanks. i'll give this one a try also. if ever, this will be my first hybrid strings :)

no problem, just tryin to help out :)

tell us how it goes

apdjp
10-16-2008, 11:47 AM
at first i was using babolat pro hurricane at 59lb and it was good.
now im using prince synthetc gut multifilament at 56lb and i prefer this ones by far, it gives you a lot of power and control and they are really soft.