PDA

View Full Version : sysop regarding worn out racquets....

mitchgat
03-30-2004, 06:11 AM
Just kinda curious....I've been using the same Response Ti's for about five years, and I'm a hard hitting 4.5 player.....how inevitible is it that the four I have are worn out and broken down internally and aren't performing worth a darn any more without my realizing it....and if so, any suggestions for a switch?

Obviously, if I'm using this racquet, I'm a serve and volley type aggressive player with a big kick serve. Thanks

mitchgat
03-30-2004, 07:13 AM
I indicated the message to tw sysop, but anyone with two cents worth to toss in would be appreciated...

tarheelbornjohn
03-30-2004, 07:20 AM
I think one of the biggest concerns would be how many times these racquets have broken strings and been restrung. The greatest stress is likely during these times. Do you like them the way they are, and can you tell a difference between one versus the other. It would be hard to see how all four have broken down the same level. You have the comparison of all for for their playing traits.

TW Staff
03-30-2004, 08:58 AM
John is right in asserting that stringing imposes the greatest stress on a racquet frame. All racquets will begin to deteriorate. However, given the fact that you have 4 racquets and, I assume, rotate between them, you should be fine for a few more years (at least). In the meantime, you should actively seek sources for like-new Response Ti racquets to keep your quiver fresh. Don/Tennis Warehouse

Deuce
03-30-2004, 11:08 PM
If you can still hit decent shots with them, then they're obviously fine. If you can hit decent shots only a portion of the time - or even a fraction of the time - it's very likely not the fault of the racquets.

Hawaii 5.0
03-31-2004, 01:08 AM
The glue that holds teh graphite together breaks down much faster than teh graphite itself and in time the frame will begin to feel muchy and less consistent in it's resutls(one shot is perfect, but the next shot that's almost identical might land short).Frames that are heavier and more heavily build tend to last longer, but the players using them tend to hit harder,break more strings(breaking strings and restrings are the hardest on the frame).So if you have 4 and say you restring about 10-15 times a year you might get another couple years out of them,but often "players" are always in search of more frames.Youl'l see the difference if you get a new one.Luckily the Ti Respone was a pretty solid frame.