PDA

View Full Version : Egg Shell on Blister?

vbranis
10-10-2008, 05:19 PM
So I just got this bad blister on the palm of my hand yesterday. I already popped it, and now it's just raw skin. I have a match tomorrow, and I'll probably use some sort of gauze and wrap it with medical tape. However, I've heard this interesting remedy from a friend: boil an egg, and place a part of the membrane (the part between the egg and the shell) directly on the blister before going to bed and keep it on your hand until you wake up. Anyone ever tried this, and is it worthwhile? I don't want to waste an egg for nothing.:)

Rickson
10-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Use Bacitracin, but don't use an egg.

phucng_10
10-14-2008, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't suggest you use the boiled egg idea. Blisters that have just formed tend to become blisters again after wards if you don't give it time to heal. I would just tell you to wrap a thin layer of athletic tape around your palm, but that would feel uncomfortable.

I have had many blisters that occur on my index finger. One blister after another because of how I wasn't gripping my racquet correctly. I then used a thin piece of athletic tape and wrapped it around my index finger and I haven't gotten a blister since.

Il Mostro
10-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Try Second Skin (I think it is owned by Spenco now). This stuff works incredibly well on road rash, which is xxxxx times worse than any blister you could possibly have from playing tennis. It really protects and promotes healing. Nothing is going to give you an overnight solution, though.

vbranis
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
I ended up using a product called New Skin, and it works well. It peels off after about 1/2 hour of hitting, but then you can just reapply. It seems to dry out the blister and therefore helps it heal quicker.

Only problem is that it stings like #*@% when you put it on.