PDA

View Full Version : Prince Topspin 15L in the crosses?

hellonewbie
10-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Would I notice any difference in spin than if I used PSGO 15 in the crosses? I plan to use PHT or Pro Supex Big Ace in the mains. Thanks.

superstition
10-10-2008, 11:59 PM
"Topspin" is a low quality string that won't really help you generate spin, especially with such a thick gauge.

Irvin
10-11-2008, 04:59 AM
"Topspin" is a low quality string that won't really help you generate spin, especially with such a thick gauge.

To generate spin how you hit the ball has more to do with generating spin than what you hit the ball with.

Not so sure I would agree with the low quality statement. BUT I tend to dislike any 'gimmick' incorporated into the equipment. I do play with an O3 racket thought so I do keep an open mind.

Irvin

superstition
10-11-2008, 02:56 PM
To generate spin how you hit the ball has more to do with generating spin than what you hit the ball with.
Point being? We're talking about what one hits the ball with. We're talking about what string would help one generate spin.

An open string pattern is generally seen as helping one to produce spin, for the same reason thinner string is seen as being helpful. The larger the gaps are, the more "bite" can be put on the ball.

Irvin
10-12-2008, 05:08 AM
Would I notice any difference in spin than if I used PSGO 15 in the crosses? I plan to use PHT or Pro Supex Big Ace in the mains. Thanks.

Point being, I don't think you will see much difference between Topspin and PSGO especially in the crosses.

Irvin

mozzer
10-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Only the mains really affect spin generation IMO

Irvin
10-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Only the mains really affect spin generation IMO

I agree, and reducing tension in the crosses, emphasizing the main strings, will increase spin.

lawlitssoo1n
10-12-2008, 01:05 PM
yea but it feels really good when u hit though. i didn't notice why my shots were so solid when i had my ncode 90.