PDA

View Full Version : big ace with synthetic?

lawlitssoo1n
10-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I bought a set of 17L of big ace and im wondering if i should get 16L of prince synthetics gut or 17L?

tennisfreak15347
10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
get regular 16 gauge. the polys might saw through the synthetic gut if it is too thin.

plus, the gauge in the crosses are not as significant as the gauge in the mains

ag200boy
10-11-2008, 12:37 PM
big ace is such a soft poly, i didnt need to hybrid it

bumfluff
10-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Try Pro Supex Titan, I put it in my frame yesterday and hit today and once you've got it played in it played really nicely.

lawlitssoo1n
10-11-2008, 03:43 PM
isn't prince better? cuz it has duraflex?

bumfluff
10-11-2008, 04:01 PM
That is the funniest thing I think I have read on this forum, you could say Babolat VS is better because it has guts.

Duraflex is just marketing, ok they might use such a thing but it doesn't give PSGD a magical gutlike performance that you can't get anywhere else.

ag200boy
10-11-2008, 05:30 PM
That is the funniest thing I think I have read on this forum, you could say Babolat VS is better because it has guts.

Duraflex is just marketing, ok they might use such a thing but it doesn't give PSGD a magical gutlike performance that you can't get anywhere else.

actually, quite the opposite!

the duraflex gives it a much stiffer, crisper feel

bumfluff
10-12-2008, 03:13 AM
I know it gives it a crisp feel, but it really depends on what you want, you can't say PSGD is "better" because it has Duraflex, Duraflex just makes it different.

You could also try Spiral Flex is that is made to be just like PSGD. I suggest reading Nick B's reviews as he has tried all of these strings, he does recommend Titan as a cross string which is what you are looking for and from my own experience I can recommend it too.

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 06:48 AM
I know it gives it a crisp feel, but it really depends on what you want, you can't say PSGD is "better" because it has Duraflex, Duraflex just makes it different.

You could also try Spiral Flex is that is made to be just like PSGD. I suggest reading Nick B's reviews as he has tried all of these strings, he does recommend Titan as a cross string which is what you are looking for and from my own experience I can recommend it too.

oh i definitely was not saying it was better!!

i hate PSGD

Matty G
10-12-2008, 09:09 AM
ag200boy- What string and weight set-up are you using now?

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 09:56 AM
ag200boy- What string and weight set-up are you using now?

well, once again, my lead has been re-distributed haha
now i have 12g in the handle and none anywhere else!

feels a lot different, but still surprisingly stable!

i think i might be going back to stock soon though..

as far as strings, im sticking with big ace for now, and still toying with tension, i started at 60 and have been moving up and up, now im at 70/67, but im considering going allllllll the way down to 56 (the tension i got my racquet strung the first time :)), i think im missing some of the feel that i loved so much in this racquet, i'll let you know when i string it up, most likely tomorrow

tennisfreak15347
10-12-2008, 10:00 AM

as far as strings, im sticking with big ace for now, and still toying with tension, i started at 60 and have been moving up and up, now im at 70/67, but im considering going allllllll the way down to 56

how can you so easily change from 70lbs to 56lbs? wouldn't there have to be some major stroke tweaking?:shock:

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 10:06 AM
how can you so easily change from 70lbs to 56lbs? wouldn't there have to be some major stroke tweaking?:shock:

bleah...

i change my tension so much, its automatic for me

in any case, ill report back when i restring

Matty G
10-12-2008, 11:38 AM
now i have 12g in the handle and none anywhere else!

feels a lot different, but still surprisingly stable!

i think i might be going back to stock soon though..

as far as strings, im sticking with big ace for now, and still toying with tension, i started at 60 and have been moving up and up, now im at 70/67, but im considering going allllllll the way down to 56 (the tension i got my racquet strung the first time :)), i think im missing some of the feel that i loved so much in this racquet, i'll let you know when i string it up, most likely tomorrow

Haha . Well im sticking with them stock. Have you tried them with bbo yet?

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Haha . Well im sticking with them stock. Have you tried them with bbo yet?

i have used bbo rough, but i heard that its a completely different experience then bbo...

but i still have about half a reel of big ace left, so im gonna try to use up some of that before getting some more string

lawlitssoo1n
10-12-2008, 01:00 PM
what gauge is ur big ace?
cuz resently i bought 6 set of strings for 30 dollars.
2 set of big ace
2 set of titian
2 set of sprial flex
i think i got a good deal
I have about 500 ft of primer ace at home so which one should i put on what strings?
im thinking on 1 of my kblades with big ace and PSGD
and the other with pemier ace with titan or sprial flex or PSGD
well i have 3 kblades and i currently i have then all strung with premier ace at 64 except 1 at 65. I love the control and spin on this but i don't have any feel or power so yea. trying to get these to play like my last strings PHT and PSGD

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 01:01 PM
im using 17g big ace, a bit too soft for me i think..

but i prefer stiff strings or soft strings, not a big fan of the in between

lawlitssoo1n
10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
WAIT i don't have spiral flex
i have maxim TOUCH instead.

bumfluff
10-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Maxim Touch is quite mushy. I would try the titan with the big ace and the psgd with the premier ace.

lawlitssoo1n
10-12-2008, 01:24 PM
well pgsd is stiff and i want to make my premier ace softer cuz these are killing my arms

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Maxim Touch is quite mushy. I would try the titan with the big ace and the psgd with the premier ace.

im sorry, but this is not a good recommendation, you want to pair the stiffer syn gut with the stiffer poly?

i would suggest maxim touch with premier ace and big ace with big ace ;)

but if you must hybrid, psgd wouldnt be bad with big ace

PROTENNIS63
10-12-2008, 01:53 PM
well pgsd is stiff and i want to make my premier ace softer cuz these are killing my arms

Put in either Maxim Touch or Syn. Gut Titan and Premier Ace will be softer.

lawlitssoo1n
10-12-2008, 05:14 PM
how about for big ace? cuz with playing with full on premier ace, i don't ever feel like playing with a full set of poly. so then PA w/ touch.
Big ace is a softer poly than Premier ace, so then by putting titan won't it make it softer, cuz i really don't want TOO soft of a string. then PGSD would be the best choice on my BA

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
how about for big ace? cuz with playing with full on premier ace, i don't ever feel like playing with a full set of poly. so then PA w/ touch.
Big ace is a softer poly than Premier ace, so then by putting titan won't it make it softer, cuz i really don't want TOO soft of a string. then PGSD would be the best choice on my BA

yeah that sounds about right

sorry for the thread hijack earlier btw ;)

lawlitssoo1n
10-12-2008, 05:24 PM
HAHA no worries.
btw u wanna trade some strings? ill give u some PA for BA. if u don't want to then its all good

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 05:31 PM
possibly, possibly

shoot me an email

conro1108@gmail.com

lawlitssoo1n
10-12-2008, 05:46 PM
emailed!!!
BTW ANYONE ELSE UP FOR TRADES???