PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Once again, another experiment....

DarthCow
10-11-2008, 08:27 PM
The other day my red babolat O dampener began to be cut down the middle, possibly due to friction with the strings.

I found some extra duty super glue, which i used to stick my dampener back together (I only like my red one, i hate the yellow one.!!)

Before letting it properly dry, i put it on, and it stuck to my strings, but i eventually got it off.

I now know that super glue sticks well on poly.
My question is, If i have a problem with non-dead strings moving, would glueing where the mains and crosses intercept be a bad idea.??
It would firstly allow more spin ( ????) due to reduced string movement, and might also act as a string saver.

Someone has probably though of this though.
Sorry if this is a waste of a topic, but its idea out there..

YULitle
10-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't know if super glue would hold well enough.

Give it a shot. :D Let us know.

hellonewbie
10-11-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm guessing super glue joints would be kind of brittle thus will eventually break down under impact.

downdaline
10-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow... just wow... i've never thought of that.

Unique. Definitely unique. But i have no idea how super glue will affect the life of strings.

lawlitssoo1n
10-11-2008, 08:45 PM
im sure someone thought of dat, i had the pentagon strings idea for over 2-3 years and was hoping dat my mom would patent it but i heard it cost a lot of money. and hten i saw luxilion have it.

hm...but i think its going to be an awful lot of work trying to glue them.

DarthCow
10-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Im glueing them now:):)

phucng_10
10-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Go for it, lol. Then again, if you want something to stick, rubberbands would work much better. :lol:

mawashi
10-11-2008, 09:17 PM
The glue probably cost more than a bag of rubber bands :lol:

mawashi

DarthCow
10-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Go for it, lol. Then again, if you want something to stick, rubberbands would work much better. :lol:

Rubber bands would be considered shock absorbers inside the crosses, would they not.??

UPDATE: Glue has dried, and there is a significant amount of reduced string movement when trying to shift them with my fingers. Although i have not played with it yet.:-?:-?:-?

hellojeffo
10-11-2008, 10:01 PM
wow.. can't wait to see what happens when you play with it!

nadalfan!
10-12-2008, 05:00 AM
Rubber bands would be considered shock absorbers inside the crosses, would they not.??

UPDATE: Glue has dried, and there is a significant amount of reduced string movement when trying to shift them with my fingers. Although i have not played with it yet.:-?:-?:-?

Post pics too!:twisted:

anirut
10-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Interesting experiment.

The glue will hold the strings when you move them (lightly) with your fingers, but will not hold (long enough) at the force of ball-bashing.

Now, two things (that I can think of) can happen:

1. The glue will not hold and the strings will move as usual, or

2. The glue had worked so well on and into the poly material and, with ball-bashing, the glue will still hold but not the string -- and that the string may tear apart.

I should guess that circumstance #1 is more probable.

AznRamenDude
10-12-2008, 06:33 PM
so have you played with the strings like this yet?

I'm really curious on how this will work.

DarthCow
10-12-2008, 09:49 PM
FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL..!!!111!!one!!!

Well i couldnt move the strings with my fingers, but as soon as i played with them, there was instant movement within a couple of minutes of play.

There are many variables though.
The first one is the amount of glue i put. I dont think i put enough.

Will try again , but cant be bothered ATM.
Will update though.

Irvin
10-13-2008, 03:23 AM
Not counting all the time it takes you to flue your strings did you ever thing about what the super glue is doing to your strings?

You can't be the first one that tried this, or the last one to give up.

Irvin

Steve Huff
10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Each time you hit the ball, the strings would stretch. This would probably break the super-glue bond. If it didn't, that means the part of the string where the super-glue was touching the string wasn't stretching. This means the other parts of the string would have to stretch more or get stressed more, which would probably make the string break sooner.