PDA

View Full Version : From BlueGear\SynGut to..

t7ruong
10-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey guys

I'm using Blue gear and syn gut hybrid, and i love it. it has great spin, power, maybe not the BEST feel since its not full syn gun or w/e but the syn gut cross helps alot.

Anyways, I am breaking this string combination way too quickly... I used to use big banger and Prince Topspin with Duraflex but BB died too quickly (had to cut)

So, if I used Blue gear and topspin with duraflex, would it help my durabilty? i believe it would feel just as good anyways.

Any other string suggestions?

I'm a good tournament player, I break strings every other day and want something with a combination of everything

lawlitssoo1n
10-11-2008, 11:48 PM
then get strings that are durable pro supex are known for tension maintence, so all u gotta look for is a lasting cross. try getting kelvar

BigT
10-12-2008, 12:02 AM
if your breaking the mains,BG, then changing the cross wouldn't make much difference. try a thicker gauge or maybe CF. if it plays well,and lasts at least a week, why change?

bumfluff
10-12-2008, 03:23 AM
You might even find that increasing the gauge of the blue gear will give you more spin and fewer breakages. At least when I was researching blue gear a lot of folk thought the thicker versions were more spinny.

mozzer
10-12-2008, 03:58 AM
Pro supex spiral flex. You can buy it as a hybrid, so i reckon it must work well?

Irvin
10-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Hey guys

I'm using Blue gear and syn gut hybrid, and i love it. it has great spin, power, maybe not the BEST feel since its not full syn gun or w/e but the syn gut cross helps alot.

[U]So, if I used Blue gear and topspin with duraflex, would it help my durabilty? ...

Which string is breaking and where is it breaking? I don't think Topspin will be more durable.

Irvin

PROTENNIS63
10-12-2008, 05:41 AM
what syn. gut are you using to cross blue gear with?

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 07:06 AM
then get strings that are durable pro supex are known for tension maintence, so all u gotta look for is a lasting cross. try getting kelvar

fail.

haha jk, but seriously, the OP was already telling us of a slight lack of feel, with syn gut crosses, and you suggest kevlar?

that doesnt even make sense anywhere in my mind to put kevlar in the crosses with poly

t7ruong
10-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm using the Head Microgel Extreme Pro and im breaking it on the 6th and 7th main. I rarely break the crosses now ever since I am using Blue Gear, i think im using 17G BG and 17 SG, im using Prince Synthetic Gut.

Ill try some other stuff today, what are u guys recommending?

tennisfreak15347
10-12-2008, 09:09 AM
first of all, use a 16 SG, because a thinner SG wont make much of a difference since it is a cross. also, make it 16G BG and see if you like that. if you dont want to do that, then try adding 10-20 Babolat Elastocross stringsavers on the 6th and 7th main, or whereever u break strings. it will help with durability.