PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Miswoven a cross

NadalFan1990
10-12-2008, 05:09 AM
I just realized after I finished stringing a racket that I miswove one of my top crosses, but everything is woven correctly, it just means that the crosses that came after the misweave on the same cross are "one behind" which resulted in the miswoven cross and the ones following it are woven the same way.
I hope that made sense...
I am curious if this will result in me having to restring the frame or if I will be able to still play with the top crosses miss woven until my next string job.

Irvin
10-12-2008, 05:21 AM
You can do what ever you want to do. You could get an argument that your racket is illegal. If it's worth doing, it is worth doing right.

Irvin

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 05:43 AM
it wont affect playabilty

NadalFan1990
10-12-2008, 05:44 AM
You can do what ever you want to do. You could get an argument that your racket is illegal. If it's worth doing, it is worth doing right.

Irvin

I just went over a main when I should have gone under, then weave after that on the same cross was just one behind, otherwise everything else is fine... is that still illegal to have in a tourney or anywhere else?

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 05:46 AM
I just went over a main when I should have gone under, then weave after that on the same cross was just one behind, otherwise everything else is fine... is that still illegal to have in a tourney or anywhere else?

TECHNICALLY its illegal, but the chances of someone noticing are slim, and even if they do notice, the chances of them reporting it are miniscule

Irvin
10-12-2008, 08:35 AM

USTA Rules state, "The hitting surface, defined as the main area of the stringing pattern bordered by the points of entry of the strings into the frame or points of contact of the strings with the frame, whichever is the smaller, shall be flat and consist of a pattern of crossed strings connected to a frame and alternately interlaced or bonded where they cross. The stringing pattern must be generally uniform and, in particular, not less dense in the centre than in any other area."

I said you could get an argument the racket is illegal. I did not say it was or wasn't. I am staying out of that one.

Irvin

Irvin
10-12-2008, 08:53 AM
And what is the penalty for an illegal racket or strings?

USTA Comment 4.1: What happens if it is discovered after play has begun that a player has been using an illegal racket or an illegally strung racket? All points played stand. The player must find another racket before continuing play. A player is subject to code violations for delay under the Point Penalty System. If the discovery occurs after the match is over, the match still counts.

Let your conscious be your guide. Do you want to play with something you don't feel is legal? Do you think you would have a unfair advantage?

Irvin