PDA

View Full Version : White Tourna Grip.....

Azzurri
10-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know where I can get these??:)

tennisfever8181
10-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Wow I haven't heard of these.
Pictures anybody???

Azzurri
10-12-2008, 08:33 AM
They exist or existed at one time. I have read a few things about them. I wanted to try them.

phucng_10
10-12-2008, 09:13 AM
TW used to carry it. They probably stop receiving shipments for it. Anyways, here's the White Tourna Grip you're talking about.

http://www.courtsidesports.com/store/product/7832/Tourna-Grip-High-Tack---White/

I used it once cause a friend bought it from some store, I forgot where but, it still took in sweat and gave me the tackiness feeling I wanted to get from it. Nice overgrip if I do say so myself.

strahan918
10-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I used it before, got them at Sports Chalet, and was like, "No way, white tourna?" Well, they were ok, I just got them for the color. I thought they were harsher than the blue color though.

Azzurri
10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
TW used to carry it. They probably stop receiving shipments for it. Anyways, here's the White Tourna Grip you're talking about.

http://www.courtsidesports.com/store/product/7832/Tourna-Grip-High-Tack---White/

I used it once cause a friend bought it from some store, I forgot where but, it still took in sweat and gave me the tackiness feeling I wanted to get from it. Nice overgrip if I do say so myself.

crud...they are in Canada and PRICEY! Thanks for the confirmation. I could ask if they could order some in their next TG order.

phucng_10
10-12-2008, 09:50 AM
crud...they are in Canada and PRICEY! Thanks for the confirmation. I could ask if they could order some in their next TG order.

8.50 CAD

=

7.24483 USD

About $7.25 without taxes + shipping and handling. Let's hope they come back because I'd like to try it some more!

ag200boy
10-12-2008, 09:58 AM
high tack tourna?

same thing as tourna 2 right?

meowmix
10-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Call up Unique. They had them on a massive sale. Don't know if they have anymore (they were trying to get rid of them). It was 1.25 for a 3 pack, or 12 something for a 30 reel.

Azzurri
10-12-2008, 12:30 PM
^^will do!! Thanks!:)

10-12-2008, 12:32 PM
what is unique's website??

ryangoring
10-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Here you go:
http://www.uniquesports.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=USP&Category_Code=TGFP

10-12-2008, 01:35 PM
thanks ryan

ryangoring
10-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Your welcome
It seems like the white over grip is not the real original tourna grip but a SISTER to them.
Sort of....

Here is thread about them here in the forum:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=193811&highlight=white+tournagrip

10-12-2008, 01:48 PM
yeah and a discounted one they made for a short period of time

Azzurri
10-15-2008, 10:41 AM
THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Unique. They are not only re-introducing the white Hi-Tac, but also pink. They are not yet available in stores, but will be shortly. However, you may order directly from them. I ordered a 10 pack for the winter indoor clinics I participate in. TW should hopefully get them soon.

if you do order from Unique, ask them to ship via USPS 1st class. Much cheaper than the price they quaote using RIP-OFF UPS.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
10-15-2008, 11:18 AM
i got a roll left of white tourna 2 if you want some e mail me your address
But i emailed them a while back; they said jan 09 they will be selling them again

10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Unique told me: "Tourna-Tac will be offered in white, pink and blue in 2009. Original Tourna-Grip will still be available in Light Blue only."

Azzurri
10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes, they will be avaliable soon (guess early 09 sounds about right).

However, you can get them from Unique directly. I just ordered a 10 pack.

ag200boy
10-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Yes, they will be avaliable soon (guess early 09 sounds about right).

However, you can get them from Unique directly. I just ordered a 10 pack.

how much did the 10-pack cost?

Azzurri
10-15-2008, 06:15 PM
how much did the 10-pack cost?

really great price. $9.50 plus $1.51 shipping. I asked them to ship regular mail. UPS would have cost $6...way too much.

Mdubb23
10-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Here you go:
http://www.uniquesports.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=USP&Category_Code=TGFP

I love how they spell Jim Courier's name wrong. ;)

Although the people at Unique are extremely nice--they directly sent me some Big Hitter when TW was out of stock.

AlpineCadet
10-16-2008, 11:56 PM
You're 2 years too late. I would contact Tourna Grip themselves if I were a serious buyer.

Azzurri
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
You're 2 years too late. I would contact Tourna Grip themselves if I were a serious buyer.

Too late for what?

meowmix
10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Alpine, I guess Unique has renewed production of the white Tourna.

Azurri, Alpin was referring to the introduction of white Tourna two years ago. Earlier this year, Unique took it off the market.

TheShaun
10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
i was under the impression that djokovic uses original tournagrip in white.

game set match 46 TIMES!!
10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
wow i cant belive i only thought they had blue and i heard red but i guess they have white and pink thanks alot.

Azzurri
10-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Alpine, I guess Unique has renewed production of the white Tourna.

Azurri, Alpin was referring to the introduction of white Tourna two years ago. Earlier this year, Unique took it off the market.

I see...but I wonder how he came to that conclusion?? I was confused because it was made clear in this thread the TG White are back.

meowmix
10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Don't know. Maybe he didn't read the entire thread (as I sometimes do)?

Oh, and btw, how is that gut setup holding up for you? Seems like it would break really quickly.

Azzurri
10-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Don't know. Maybe he didn't read the entire thread (as I sometimes do)?

Oh, and btw, how is that gut setup holding up for you? Seems like it would break really quickly.

Nope...just player last night and the Babolat is still in great shape. The strings have not moved, but they do show signs of fray. I wanted to re-string with Klip and Iso Speed Classic, but don't want to cut out the gut (waste of money) since it is still playing so well.

Lefty5
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
this pretty much confirms it. can't wait to get my hands on some, no pun intended...:)

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/the_pro_shop/2008/10/white-makes-rig.html

Azzurri
10-23-2008, 05:42 PM
got my grips a few days ago. They look nice. Kinda shiny, not like the Babolat, Supergrap and Wilson Pro. As expected, these are ok for non-a tad sweaty hands. But if you sweat alot, don't bother with these. They are nowhere near as absorbent as the original. I wore them for a clinic (cardio) and I sweated quite a bit. I will continue to use it for at least another clinic and then go back to the original, but for a typical (easy going) doubles match, I wil use the white TG2.

raygo
10-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Is there an online link to buy the white Tournas from Unique, or just wait until something 'official' in 2009?

Man, and to think I bought out one of the vendors at the AIG Open who had 3-packs of white Tourna Hi-Tac...

Anyone else think they're even shorter than regular Tournagrip??

Azzurri
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Is there an online link to buy the white Tournas from Unique, or just wait until something 'official' in 2009?

Man, and to think I bought out one of the vendors at the AIG Open who had 3-packs of white Tourna Hi-Tac...

Anyone else think they're even shorter than regular Tournagrip??

call Unique. they are longer than the traditional TG.

raygo
10-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up. :) Glad to hear they're longer than the old Hi-Tac ones. Now I don't have to save them for special occasions!

Murray_Maniac
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I used to use white tourna grips because they were cheaper than wilson pro (the better deal was tourna imo because it was wayy cheaper & wilson wasnt that much better imo). But then my local sports authority stopped selling them, so I used wilson pro white. Nowadays Im using blue tournagrips & dont care for switching back to white.

Azzurri
10-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up. :) Glad to hear they're longer than the old Hi-Tac ones. Now I don't have to save them for special occasions!

I don't really know about the old hi-tac in terms of length. It is longer than original TG (non XL). But it fit my MG Prestige MP easily..had to cut off a one inch piece.

CyberInferno
10-24-2008, 08:44 AM
high tack tourna?

same thing as tourna 2 right?
Disappointing. Though I understand why Unique wants to keep their biggest seller (and biggest name) product as one easily-recognizable color. I just don't like tacky grips. Just makes it that much more difficult to change grips for FH, BH, volleys, etc. Then again, I also sweat profusely, so I think Tournagrip (original) is especially geared toward people like me.

CyberInferno
10-24-2008, 08:46 AM
I don't really know about the old hi-tac in terms of length. It is longer than original TG (non XL). But it fit my MG Prestige MP easily..had to cut off a one inch piece.
Sorry, this is completely unrelated, but I couldn't help but notice the interesting string setup you've got there. I have been considering saving $10 and getting Klip Legend instead of Babolat VS. Can you compare the two string please? I assume they must have a different feel by your combination, unless Klip's coating just makes 18g that much more practical.

Azzurri
10-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Sorry, this is completely unrelated, but I couldn't help but notice the interesting string setup you've got there. I have been considering saving $10 and getting Klip Legend instead of Babolat VS. Can you compare the two string please? I assume they must have a different feel by your combination, unless Klip's coating just makes 18g that much more practical.

sorry for the confusion. I am currently using Babolat Vs 17, but have yet to string up the Klip 18...however I have played the Klip Legend 17. The Klip is crisper, less powered and the Babolat feels a bit softer and has more of that cupping feel. The Klip is a quality string, other than the way it feels, they are not too different (to me). Its not worth the $10 difference. I hear the 18 feels better, has more spin and even less power. I will be using Iso Speed on the cross..I want literally no power..I make my own.:)

CyberInferno
10-24-2008, 10:25 AM
sorry for the confusion. I am currently using Babolat Vs 17, but have yet to string up the Klip 18...however I have played the Klip Legend 17. The Klip is crisper, less powered and the Babolat feels a bit softer and has more of that cupping feel. The Klip is a quality string, other than the way it feels, they are not too different (to me). Its not worth the $10 difference. I hear the 18 feels better, has more spin and even less power. I will be using Iso Speed on the cross..I want literally no power..I make my own.:)
Thanks for the clarification. I'll give the Klip a shot on your recommendation. I always string with poly/gut, but I string both at 62lbs (max tension for my rackets). Hurricane 16/VS 16 has been my setup for years (including before my racket change), and after trying Hurricane 17/VS 16, I think I like the thicker guage for Hurricane. The thinner guage just feels like it has a little too much power to me. But at the same time, I think I'd probably prefer the thinner guage on other polys. I just strung up the second racquet in my sig, but haven't actually had a chance to try it out yet. Heard good things about the string though so I'm optimistic.

Azzurri
10-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I'll give the Klip a shot on your recommendation. I always string with poly/gut, but I string both at 62lbs (max tension for my rackets). Hurricane 16/VS 16 has been my setup for years (including before my racket change), and after trying Hurricane 17/VS 16, I think I like the thicker guage for Hurricane. The thinner guage just feels like it has a little too much power to me. But at the same time, I think I'd probably prefer the thinner guage on other polys. I just strung up the second racquet in my sig, but haven't actually had a chance to try it out yet. Heard good things about the string though so I'm optimistic.

why do you want to try gut?

raygo
10-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Disappointing. Though I understand why Unique wants to keep their biggest seller (and biggest name) product as one easily-recognizable color. I just don't like tacky grips. Just makes it that much more difficult to change grips for FH, BH, volleys, etc. Then again, I also sweat profusely, so I think Tournagrip (original) is especially geared toward people like me.

Hi-Tac Tournagrip isn't nearly as tacky as it sounds. It feels a lot like ragular Tournagrip after soaking up a little sweat. (I guess it doesn't really matter anymore since it's been discontinued.) I use regular Tournagrip, and even at full stretch, the Hi-Tac was shorter by at least half a turn around the handle. I don't even want to imagine it on an n90 with its looooong grip...:shock:

JW10S
10-24-2008, 08:56 PM
There was a time when Tourna-grip came in a rainbow of colors--green, yellow, pink, black, grey, etc. I personally don't understand why they've chosen to limit themselves to just blue--other than it's probably cheaper to manufacture just 1 color.

CyberInferno
10-24-2008, 11:01 PM
why do you want to try gut?
I've used Hurricane/Babolat is for over five years now. So I've become accustomed is poly/gut. I just wonder if I've been overpaying for Babolat gut so I want to try something cheaper but hopefully of the same or similar quality. Over time, $25 vs. $35 will make a difference in my pocketbook.

Azzurri
10-25-2008, 07:17 AM
I've used Hurricane/Babolat is for over five years now. So I've become accustomed is poly/gut. I just wonder if I've been overpaying for Babolat gut so I want to try something cheaper but hopefully of the same or similar quality. Over time, $25 vs. $35 will make a difference in my pocketbook.

I see. what grade? I have a pack of Babolat 15g I decided I won't use. I paid $25..will sell for the same. let me know.

CyberInferno
10-25-2008, 09:39 AM
I see. what grade? I have a pack of Babolat 15g I decided I won't use. I paid $25..will sell for the same. let me know.
I appreciate the offer, but I like to stick to 16G and thinner gut.