PDA

View Full Version : how do you travel with your racquets?

jugvara
10-15-2008, 02:18 PM
i'll be taking a few flights in the next couple of months, and i plan to bring my tennis gear. i was wondering how most people travel with their racquets. I have a 3 racquet bag thats actually pretty big (combo duffle bag/racquet bag), but it doesnt have any protection, and i dont want to check it in. i was thinking about getting a new racquet bag, but dont know if the airlines will let you carry on the larger bags, like the 12 racquet bag.

anyone have any luck either carrying on their racquet bags, or checking in one of the more durable bags like the babolat aero pro?

any input would be appreciated.

thanks much!

Booyah
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
when i flew, i just used one of the hard case luggage carriers and between my racquets i put towels or clothes and checked it in. if you want to carry on, i suggest just carrying the racquets in your bag which should be fine. the 12 racquet i don't think we'll be allowed for carry on, and i don't think would be a good idea to check in unless you put enough padding.

Blade0324
10-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I just carry mine on usually. If I am going somewhere that I am uncertain of stringing services etc. I will make sure they are freshly strung and in plactic then in my bag and carry on. As long as your bag isn't too big it fits in the overheads just fine.

nCode747
10-22-2008, 08:43 PM
a regular backpack works very well. it will be allowed for carry on