PDA

View Full Version : Coria isn't using the O3 red anymore, switched to O3 gold

gokou703
02-09-2005, 12:15 PM
i was at the sap open yesterday and asked a prince rep if they were going to come out with an O3 racket that was similar to the POG. he said that Coria and Gambill, are both trying out the O3 gold that's scheduled to come out in June. he says that the specs are suppose to be pretty similar to the POG mid plus. i wouldn't be surprised though if Coria's, and Gambills rackets have some miner specifications, especially Gambill who's known to use extended rackets.

Hewitt rulez
02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
TW said it was called the O3 Tour.

BreakPoint
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I doubt Gambill will use it. He's always used some tweener type racuqet with an oversized head, thick beam, and maybe extended length (?). He seems to like the power sticks over the traditional player's racquets. At his match at the SAP Open on Monday night, he seemed to using a Prince Shark or something like that.

elbuzzard
02-10-2005, 12:03 AM
hey breakpoint do you live in the bay area?

mrwise
02-10-2005, 05:19 AM
JMG is not using the Shark. He is using something that is custom made...something closer to the ThunderBolt. It is an extended racket. It is just painted to look like the Shark of course. He wouldn't quite give up any more details.

mary fierce
02-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Maybe Coria will go back to the red after his first round loss in France to a qualifier.

gregraven
02-11-2005, 06:02 AM
I'd never heard that he was using the O3 Red. I've only seen photos of him using the O3 Tour (which is orange-ish), and Prince representatives say that he is using the O3 Tour.

Vamz
02-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Gambill is going to use the O3 red or silver, whichever is less powerful, I can't remember which. Prince is trying to get all their pros to switch to the O3 tour soon, they are releasing it this spring. I hit with it, it's a lot like the diablo, similar weight(in between the diablo mid and midplus), but smaller head, it's a 98, and it has better feel, a little more stable, and much more solid feeling. Also the sweetspot is much larger, string pattern is 16x19 from what I remember

Hewitt rulez
02-15-2005, 05:13 PM
From the picture in the latest Tennis Magazine I think that Gambill's looks more redish.