PDA

View Full Version : Babolat String Savers

vin
02-21-2004, 05:58 PM
How big of an area should you install the string savers on? I used them on a 14 x 12 area on a racquet with a 18 x 20 pattern. I pretty much used the entire package. Is this normal or did I use too many?

I didn't realize I'd only get one racquet out of a package. I'm questioning if the extra $6 per stringing is worth it.

Thanks,
Vin

approachshot
02-21-2004, 07:25 PM
I have basically used an entire tool in a racquet. I start from the center and work outward.

Deuce
02-22-2004, 12:54 AM
There's usually no need to use so many.

If you're a fairly decent player - let's say 3.0 and above - most of your shots will be hit in a rather specific area of the stringbed. With an 18x20 pattern, placing the savers on about 8x8 should be fine.

polakosaur
02-22-2004, 02:14 PM
i only use them occasionally on the strings that are a little more worn out and that look like they might break in a while but most of you balls will hit most likely an 8x8 area

pounder
02-22-2004, 03:27 PM
If you install an entire package of Elasto Cross II's -- it'll add 2.3 grams of weight to the string bed. Doing that also will take away some feel. Some people swear they enhance spin. I have played with them a lot and do not think it makes a difference re. spin enhancement. You may want to just keep an eye on your strings and install them where you see areas [i.e. intersections] displaying tell-tale signs of wear.