PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Championship Hard Court Balls

Conquistador
10-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I have hit a lot of these balls. For one-whenever they are new they are decent balls--but i mean wow do they really wear down by losing more felt than normal.They seem to only last for a little bit. I was just wondering if you guys have experienced this

mtommer
10-18-2008, 07:18 PM
They are tier two balls. Don't expect them to last all that long.

babolat15
10-18-2008, 07:53 PM
the US open balls are probably the worst in terms of durability

some6uy008
10-19-2008, 12:14 AM
the US open balls are probably the worst in terms of durability

The ones I have used were really durable and played really nice. You're talking about the Wilson US Open balls in the black tube right?

Blade0324
10-20-2008, 11:17 AM
I would disagree about the US opens as well. I really like the way these play as long as it's not too cold out. In cold temps these get pretty hard and don't bounce that well. I actually like the Wilson Championship balls really well also just not as good as the US opens.

mikeler
10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm not a fan of the Wilson US Open series here in central Florida. They seem to go through 3 phases during a match and each phase roughly corresponds to about a set.

Set 1 - Out of the can, this a great ball. Nice bounce, just the right amount of felt. You can put loads of spin on it and hit the tar out of it. You understand why this is the official ball of the US Open.

Set 2 - The ball fuzzes up like crazy favoring the defensive player. If you are an offensive player or somebody who uses heavy spin, you are now at a disadvantage.

Set 3 - The ball is still fuzzed up like crazy and they are now dead. If you use a lot of spin and have a kick serve like me, you are at a major disadvantage.