PDA

View Full Version : Did I get ripped off?

Mazilla2219
10-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey guys this may sound like a dumb question but I just bought a bucket of Tretorn Micro-X balls and wanna know if I got the real stuff. They are suppose to have micro-beads right, does this mean they sound like maracas just like the Prokennex racquets.

AR15
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey guys this may sound like a dumb question but I just bought a bucket of Tretorn Micro-X balls and wanna know if I got the real stuff. They are suppose to have micro-beads right, does this mean they sound like maracas just like the Prokennex racquets.

no, they don't make a sound.

autumn_leaf
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
no.... cut one open and see what they mean =). trentons are so expensive, i hit with slazengers though Dick's stopped carrying them.

the slazs were noticably harder on the outside compared to pressurized balls, do you feel a difference with the trentons?

JW10S
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey guys this may sound like a dumb question but I just bought a bucket of Tretorn Micro-X balls and wanna know if I got the real stuff. They are suppose to have micro-beads right, does this mean they sound like maracas just like the Prokennex racquets.Where in the World did you get the idea that there are 'beads' in the balls? Micro-X balls have tiny air cells in the rubber core of the ball and nothing in the hollow space that the core surrounds. So no, they will make no sound...

game set match 46 TIMES!!
10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
if they have a beed in there they have a shock and are anoying...

volusiano
10-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Where in the World did you get the idea that there are 'beads' in the balls? Micro-X balls have tiny air cells in the rubber core of the ball and nothing in the hollow space that the core surrounds. So no, they will make no sound...

That's not true. I cut open a Tretorn MicroX ball and the core looks like regular rubber, and the hollow space that the core surrounds is filled packed with white powder looking substance. I assume that these are the "700 million air-filled microcells that cannot escape through the ball rubber core" they're talking about on their website. But I guess the microcells are SO SMALL that they just look like a white dot, and so overall, the whole thing just looks like white powder.

But you guys are right, they don't make any sound because they're not hard beads.

Dave M
10-22-2008, 05:19 AM
A friend and I were playing with one once when it "popped" (it was old) snowy like stuff everywhere, quite funny as the guy i was playing with didnt know what had happened!