PDA

View Full Version : The BEST overgrip ***read***

tsongaali
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Tournagrip.

Initial feel:

Papery and towely at first, but once you get some moisture going it has a really nice feel. Unlike tacky og's, tournagrip just gets better and better the longer you use it, until of course, it shreds.
If your hands don't sweat, just sprinkle some of your drinking water onto your hands, and grip the racket. Works the same, and if it starts drying, then just rinse and repeat.

Durability:

The good thing about tourna is that both sides are virtually the same. Once the 1st side feels uncomfortable, just flip and use the other side. Eventually it might shred but by that time you should just replace the overgrip anyway if it is really bad.

Feel over time:

Really good as mentioned before. As long as it's moist or wet, blisters shouldn't come often. Also, shredding doesn't occur as often as people say it does. And besides, if most of the pros use this og, it should be good right?:shock:

Probly the only bad thing is the length, even for the XL. As for that, it isn't too much of a problem. One solution could be to use a very nice feeling grip under the tournagrip, so if the tournagrip doesn't reach all the way, you will feel the good grip as well.

Thus, give tourna a try, and if you already have, give it another try!:)

Bengt
10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
The good thing about tourna is that both sides are virtually the same. Once the 1st side feels uncomfortable, just flip and use the other side.

I agree that it's the best, but they're only a buck. I hope that reusing a sweat-filled, stretched-out, old tournagrip isn't a necessity for anyone.

phucng_10
10-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Honestly, I've been a Tournagrip user for the past year and I recently switched to the Yonex Super Grap. Nothing can be compared to the Super Grap because it's made to perfection. You might want to give it a try. :)

JavierLW
10-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Tournagrip.

Initial feel:

Papery and towely at first, but once you get some moisture going it has a really nice feel. Unlike tacky og's, tournagrip just gets better and better the longer you use it, until of course, it shreds.
If your hands don't sweat, just sprinkle some of your drinking water onto your hands, and grip the racket. Works the same, and if it starts drying, then just rinse and repeat.

Durability:

The good thing about tourna is that both sides are virtually the same. Once the 1st side feels uncomfortable, just flip and use the other side. Eventually it might shred but by that time you should just replace the overgrip anyway if it is really bad.

Feel over time:

Really good as mentioned before. As long as it's moist or wet, blisters shouldn't come often. Also, shredding doesn't occur as often as people say it does. And besides, if most of the pros use this og, it should be good right?:shock:

Probly the only bad thing is the length, even for the XL. As for that, it isn't too much of a problem. One solution could be to use a very nice feeling grip under the tournagrip, so if the tournagrip doesn't reach all the way, you will feel the good grip as well.

Thus, give tourna a try, and if you already have, give it another try!:)

Pros arent trying to use the same grip on the same racquet day after day after day.

If someone doesnt like a tacky grip and they are tired of having their grip flake apart on them, they should try out Wilson Pro Soft Overgrip. It's sort of the same concept. Anything is worth a try if your hands sweat and mine probably do more than any human alive.

game set match 46 TIMES!!
10-22-2008, 07:56 PM
the best grip = wilson pro or pro soft...

Nanshiki
10-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I used to like Tournagrip but I really prefer tacky grips now... I need to try Tournagrip II. Problem is that Unique Sports are cheap *******s and make them about 3-4 inches too short (even with XL), if you've got a large, long grip.

Tournagrip is OK if you buy it in 30-packs and change them every single time you play... but you can kill them just by holding them, much less actually playing with them.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
10-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Honestly, I've been a Tournagrip user for the past year and I recently switched to the Yonex Super Grap. Nothing can be compared to the Super Grap because it's made to perfection. You might want to give it a try. :)

right on brother :)
your one of "us" now

bluetrain4
10-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I swear by Tourna because I don't like tacky grips and I sweat a lot.

But, its not for everyone, and durability is pretty bad in the summer when I'm really sweating a lot.

I have to buy the 30-packs from TW. It's just too expensive in store where I think a pack of 3 is up to 5.99 or 6.99,

Prince-of-Lies
10-22-2008, 09:58 PM
should try yonex super grap. haven't had anyone I know who's using it say anything bad about it

phucng_10
10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
right on brother :)
your one of "us" now

I was ordering my Crossfire II's and thought it'd be nice to give the Super Graps a try. I have a 3pack of the Black and White one. I'm trying to see whether or not the color will make a big difference in the Super Graps. So far, my Super Graps are still tacky as when I first brought it out of its box.

shoesandko
10-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Yonex super grap for sure!

mikeler
10-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Another vote for Yonex Supergrap.

Booyah
10-24-2008, 01:50 PM
sorry guys, wilson pro forever.

Roger Federer 95
10-24-2008, 02:18 PM
been a heavy user of super grap for a while, but recently switched to wilson pro (not soft) and calluses came along with it. hoping to switch back to grap soon (as soon as i finish my reel) and never hope to go back to pro, i also got a reaction, and felt it was too tacky (hard to switch to my one handed w/out blistering)

mikeler
10-24-2008, 05:31 PM
If anybody is on the fence about Super Grap, don't buy 30 of them. Just buy a 3 pack and try it. Most people I've handed my racket to after applying a fresh grip really like the feel of it.

kups
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM
yonex supergrap all the way

LanEvo
10-29-2008, 02:05 PM
ProSupex Overgrips are the best

themitchmann
10-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I used Tournagrips for years, but finally got sick of how fast they shred. For a dollar a grip, I much prefer the Babolat VS overgrip. The new Prince Durapro+ grip isn't bad either, just a little too thick for my preference.

some6uy008
10-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Every time there's a new thread about overgrip, Yonex Supergrap, Wilson Pro/pro soft and Tourna grip always comes up. I have used all 3, they all have their positive and negatives, but overall I LOVE SUPER GRAP.

tennisfever8181
10-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I hate tournagrip.

samster
10-29-2008, 04:37 PM
not a big fan of tournagrip. sorry.

Lefty5
10-30-2008, 05:39 AM
Tourna is the only one that actually works for me. Everything else, yes including supergrap, slips in my hand as soon as i begin to barely sweat, which is right after warmups.

madayan
10-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Another convert from Tournagrip (XL) to Yonex Super Grap (White)....

flash9
10-30-2008, 10:07 AM
ProSupex Overgrips are the best
I'll second this vote!

I have tried Prince, Wilson, as well as Yonex, and the ProSupex are the best I have found.

SaunderS
10-31-2008, 04:03 AM
Babolat Syntec is super but the Wilson [K]ontrol has amazing feel

backcourt
10-31-2008, 05:39 AM
Gamma Supreme. I used Supergrap for a couple of years, but switched to Gamma Supreme which is a tad thicker (which I like) tackier and IMO last longer.

MagPro
11-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Tournagrip user. Tried Supergrap went back to tournagrip.

aaron 3000
11-03-2008, 03:57 AM
wilson pro overgrip is the best. you're wrong.

Duzza
11-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Sorry, but I've tried them all. Head Xtreme Soft, Wilson Pro, Yonex Supergrap, Tournagrip, and the best by a LONG margin are the Signum Pro ones. Finding them is another thing altogether though.

r2473
11-03-2008, 07:12 AM
I agree that it's the best, but they're only a buck. I hope that reusing a sweat-filled, stretched-out, old tournagrip isn't a necessity for anyone.

I actually reuse them 4 times (top and bottom on both sides). I flip them after 3 sets max. Often times sooner. This ensures that it doesn't wear clean through and is reusable. So, one grip will last me anywhere from 8 to 12 sets of tennis. Good deal for a buck.

GS
11-03-2008, 07:21 AM
There is no "Ultimate" overgrip. It's all subjective. If you live in a hot n humid place where you sweat like crazy, you need something absorbent like Tournagrip to keep your hand dry. If you live in an area with low humidity or cool temps, then a tacky grip might be best. Me? I'm in a cool area, so a semi-tacky grip like the ones from KlipperUSA are just fine for me, especially since they're the cheapest on the market, around 50 cents each. I can slap on a new one anytime and still feel rich.

phoenicks
11-03-2008, 09:04 AM

well, I think some of us might have to consider that to stretch our dollar as the economic crisis is looming large :)

tennisfreak15347
11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
the best grip = wilson pro or pro soft...

the wilson pro soft feels like someone sprinkled baby powder all over it. it keeps slipping from my hand...

Mansewerz
11-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I like tourna, been using it a while. But it can slip after some use, even when it's wet, and it can get worse just from holding it, as mentioned before. My hands sweat. I don't know if it's a lot of just normal, but tourna doesn't last as long as I would like. Gonna try supergrap next.