PDA

View Full Version : Most durable replacement grip

tennisguyak
10-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm looking for the most durable replacement grip. I'm looking for something that doesn't rip at the ends after taking off over grips and doesn't get loose after a month or so. I don't really like the feel of leather grips (or the price) so I'd prefer a synthetic one.

Thanks for your input

Bengt
10-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Overgrip on top of a synthetic? I don't understand. If you're going to use an overgrip why not use leather underneath?

BTW, the most durable syn grip will also be the one that rounds the bevels the most because it's most likely the thickest.

tennisguyak
10-22-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm just saying I like the feeling of an overgrip on top of a synthetic more than that of an overgrip on top of leather.

TonyB
10-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Gamma Hi-Tech is probably the most durable synthetic. It's almost like rubber. The only reason I don't use it exclusively is that it's quite thick and brings up the grip to approximately 1/2 size more than stock.

TheRed
10-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Gamma Hi-Tech is probably the most durable synthetic. It's almost like rubber. The only reason I don't use it exclusively is that it's quite thick and brings up the grip to approximately 1/2 size more than stock.

Agree with everything TonyB says. I love the grip though because it's firm and is similar to leather in that it makes the bevels MORE pronounced.