View Full Version : What are those band-aid/tape things?

10-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Lately I've been watching matches and players are treating their injuries differently. They are using these weird tape things on their arms and knees. Because they look so ineffective, it makes me wonder how they work. How do they work, and where can you buy them?

Ginepri wearing one (it's black going up his arm).

10-22-2008, 06:28 PM
They're called Athletic Tape. You can pretty much purchase them at chain stores, pharmacies, and sporting good stores.

10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Do they work well?

10-22-2008, 06:50 PM
It's not ordinary athletic tape that you can buy in a pharmacy. It's called 'kinesio tape' and it should be applied by someone trained to do so.

10-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Kinesio tape was much in evidence at the 2008 Olympic... Official site (http://kinesiotaping.com/)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesio_tape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesio_tape)


10-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Uh oh, oops. Sorry, I didn't exactly read that smaller description atop of your picture.

Kaptain Karl
10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
JW10S is correct. (It is NOT just athletic tape.) Physicians, Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, etc. should be the only people administering it. (You need to know what you're doing.)

Having had my foot and calf taped (and my wife, her shoulder) I can tell you it seems like "magic" how well it works....

- KK