PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce / J. Dokic?

Tenny
02-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi all,

I was watching my old VHS recordings and kind of enjoyed watching their playing: Mary Pierce (against M. Sharapova @ USO 04) and Jelena Dokic (against Hingis). Good powerful strokes and personally their facial expression-almost emotionless or even look sad. Is it only me? Anyway I watched only a part of their matches. How are they as players? Strength/weakness and prospect? Thanks.

T.

10splaya
02-10-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't know much about Mary Pierce but I know that Jelena Dokic is a pretty strong player (atleast with her groubies)... not very good at net. She has recently tried to make a comeback but hasn't had much success. I kinda' miss her!

snowpuppy
02-11-2005, 03:30 AM
j dokic vs hingis.... mmmm.... arrr....... want.. tape....

Camilio Pascual
02-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Well, Pierce and Dokic have 2 of the most notorious Dads of recent times in tennis. I'm a big Dokic fan, those 2H BH d-t-l winners of hers are a beauty to behold. Too bad, I think Dokic had the goods to be a solid Top Ten player for 4 or 5 years.

Andy Zarzuela
02-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Dokic and Pierce are the epitome of streaky players. They are some of the game's hardest hitters, mainly because they hit flatter than most of the game's top 10. The reason they can't/didn't stay in the top 10 on a long term basis, is because they have no safety (topspin) on their shots. I can identify with them, because I also hit the ball very hard and very flat with VERY LITTLE spin. If you're mechanics are off, or if you can't seem to "warm up" or get "loose" or even get any kind of confidence, it's hard to consistantly hit flat like that. On the other hand, when they have their days, they are just as good as the next top 10 player, sometimes better.
________
The cigar boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

Brettolius
02-11-2005, 01:06 PM
mary pierce is as big as a whale and she's about to set sail. dokic...oh my sweet.. she is HOT, sooo hot.

Tenny
02-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Dokic and Pierce are the epitome of streaky players. They are some of the game's hardest hitters, mainly because they hit flatter than most of the game's top 10. I can identify with them, because I also hit the ball very hard and very flat with VERY LITTLE spin.

Andy, why wouldn't you, Dokic and Pierce hit TOPspin shots from time to time especially, when flat hitting isn't working and harming the game? I found well executed TOP shots which bounce high are also effective (and safe). Just curious.

Steve Huff
02-12-2005, 01:46 PM
The first time I saw Dokic play, I thought she was a sure future #1. She demolished her opponent (someone in the top 10 I think). But, before the year was over, her dad was causing a scene, there were lawsuits by her against her dad, countersuits against her and the WTA, and she was usually in tears BEFORE the match started. She's really beautiful too. If she had won a few early tournaments where the media would have noticed, and her dad would have been more supportive, we might all have been saying "Anna who?"

PierceCheng
03-07-2005, 01:54 AM
I think Mary Pierce is the best of the French player!!

Marius_Hancu
03-07-2005, 04:06 AM
if you want to see two great FH clips by Pierce:
http://www.tenniscruz.com/login.asp
(register, free)
go to Forehand
they are operational

Camilio Pascual
03-07-2005, 04:34 AM
Jelena's Dad has been steadfastly by her side the whole way, never missing an opportunity to sabotage her career.