PDA

View Full Version : Tretorn Micro X vs Tretorn Plus Pro: which one is superior?

mmaster
10-26-2008, 02:37 PM
trying to decide which ones to get for my first pressureless balls. the Plus Pro model seems a little cheaper but newer. only a handfull of merchants carry the Plus Pro ones.

which one is a better buy?

mmaster
10-26-2008, 02:43 PM
oh and i know about pro lites and how bad they are but can't find anyone who tried the pro plus.

Fedace
10-26-2008, 02:45 PM
I think Micro X is better ball. still not in the quality of Penn ATP tour ball though. but it is ok for practice. but i have hard time using it cause guys in doubles practice gets very angry if they see this ball claiming that it is too heavy and will cause arm injury.

mmaster
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
yea i hear about the being heavy and stiff but i just wanted to give them a try because i'm so fed up with balls going flat all the time. i do hear more good things about the micro x balls than bad things so they must be something special.

10isNE1?
10-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Personally wouldn't use pressureless balls. They are harder and you get grooved to a different feel than normal balls. I warmed up with the pressurless balls with the ball machine once before a match and it took me two sets during the match to adjust to regular balls again. You have to hit the micro-x balls a lot harder to get the same result and a normal ball. As a result I was over-hitting everything during the match. After that I decided to ditch the tretorn balls and just use new regular balls at the beginnning of each season and again later in the season if necessary. That way you don't get used to the wrong bounce and feel.

volusiano
10-27-2008, 02:39 AM
yea i hear about the being heavy and stiff but i just wanted to give them a try because i'm so fed up with balls going flat all the time. i do hear more good things about the micro x balls than bad things so they must be something special.

One other option is to buy the yellow can Tennis Ball Saver to help keep your balls stay pressurized longer and go flat much slower. I've been using them for a couple of years and they work well for me.