PDA

View Full Version : "That's the Federer racquet, right?"

ChrisNC
02-11-2005, 04:34 AM
So, last night, I go to the courts to hit. There are three women a couple courts down warming up. I overhear one of them asking another about her new racquet. "That's the Federer racquet, right?" To which the other woman proudly replies "sure is." First off, I chuckle a little at the thought that the general tennis public obviously has no clue about paint jobs. Then, it gets even better. I saw what she was hitting with...an n1. I almost fell over.

Just had to share...

david aames
02-11-2005, 04:51 AM
But you paid attention so Wilson must have done something right. Right?

So, last night, I go to the courts to hit. There are three women a couple courts down warming up. I overhear one of them asking another about her new racquet. "That's the Federer racquet, right?" To which the other woman proudly replies "sure is." First off, I chuckle a little at the thought that the general tennis public obviously has no clue about paint jobs. Then, it gets even better. I saw what she was hitting with...an n1. I almost fell over.

Just had to share...

raftermania
02-11-2005, 09:33 AM
ignorance is bliss my friend.

moosryan
02-11-2005, 11:36 AM
sometimes when i tell people about paintjobs they think i'm crazy

aj_m2009
02-11-2005, 03:57 PM
According to Wilson, I know this has nothing to do with Federer's racket but, Serena's and Henin's rackets are just customized with power holes and that they aren't pj. Its like yeah, sure. But after they say that you know it is really a pj.

court_zone
02-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Many players who do not follow the pros as much usually don't no about pjs. Players at my school playing with the ncode that Fed supposedly uses brag that they play with the frame "the #1" uses. Most players there play with the Liquidmetal Radical or Prestige bragging that they use the Agassi or Safin frame. I do not want to burst their bubble, they will find out sooner or later.

Prostaffer
02-11-2005, 04:53 PM
i'm a sneaker freak also. you wouldn't believe the amount of people that know nothign about shoes. ecspecially those that work at footlocker or footaction. the best is too chuckle too yourself, and just be happy you know better. trying to explain anything will lead you nowhere. a great rapper named jay-z once said...

"never argue with fool up close, cuz from a distance it's hard to tell em apart."

or something like that.

Kirko
02-11-2005, 05:12 PM
courtzone who hit it ! "bragging" I never thougth of it until now going back thru the yrs. thats what I have heard "I'm using the same racket that..... uses". All it is selling an item.

jayserinos99
02-11-2005, 05:58 PM
What gets me annoyed is the reverse of what is said. I normally use a T10VE mid and they ask me which pro uses that racquet. Does it matter?

BreakPoint
02-12-2005, 01:12 AM
What gets me annoyed is the reverse of what is said. I normally use a T10VE mid and they ask me which pro uses that racquet. Does it matter?

Just tell them YOU are a pro and that YOU use it. ;)

Then watch them all run to the nearest pro shop to buy the T10VE mid. :lol:

Power Game
02-12-2005, 05:07 AM
Just tell them YOU are a pro and that YOU use it. ;)

Then watch them all run to the nearest pro shop to buy the T10VE mid. :lol:

That's what I do. When people ask me what pro uses the shoes/racquets/bag/grip etc.. that I do, I tell them "Me!!"

court_zone
02-12-2005, 05:16 AM

Just had to share...

Very strange, now that I read about this again, I remember almost the same exact thing happen to me a week ago, I saw 4 women playing doubles and one asked the other if she just got Federer's racquet and she said yes. They also did not know about pjs. She was playing with the nSix-One when I looked a bit closer.

Steve Huff
02-12-2005, 01:10 PM
So what? They probably enjoyed their racket that much more. Nothing wrong with that.

court_zone
02-12-2005, 01:30 PM
So what? They probably enjoyed their racket that much more. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes, I bet they did get enjoyment and that is a bright side of pjs. Other players who use what their favorite pros supposedly use, expect that using their frame will make them play like a pro. In reality, they don't know how to wield the frame and just play with it for the wrong reason. Of course, there are others who enjoy the frame and stick with it.

robbieb
02-16-2005, 03:02 AM
What The Hell Are You Guys On Fed Does Use The Ncode 90, And Uses Head And Shoulders During His Breaks. Its An Ncode 90 Painted To Look Like An Ncode 90 To Fool You All. Wilson Have Succeeded, Pay Them Your Respect.

;) ;) ;)

fedex27
02-16-2005, 12:43 PM
i thought he does use the n1. maybe he has a paint job of it under the ncode 90 . hahahahah