PDA

View Full Version : Once again... PJ's, are they legal? If yes, why no one opened custom PJ SHOP!!!

amadextor
02-11-2005, 09:43 AM
If paintjobs are legal, I would like to paint my older frames, with brand new look every time I see new racket model coming into view/ Pro's using it. How much PJ's can cost? 20, 40, 70 $$$ ??? What's the technology behind good PJs? I think it's a better solution to keep your best frame up to date and look like you follow the trend and are wealthy enough to change frames every season. You can even paint frames with future design and tell people this is a 2007 prototype racket, that is not yet available to general public, HOW COOL IS THAT??? You can even swap frames, paint Wilson frames like Head and vice versa!

moosryan
02-11-2005, 11:32 AM
its not that hard to paint a racquet yourself

amadextor
02-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Yea!? Tell me more, how you do it, I thought it's like painting a car.

finchy
02-11-2005, 03:35 PM
This has to be the biggest "really stupid topic" ever....

here, dunk your racquet in a bucket of paint. or airbrush it neon colors.

PrestigeClassic
02-11-2005, 03:49 PM
http://store1.yimg.com/I/pajamagram_1832_602340

nimxnooj
02-11-2005, 10:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I agree with finchy. lol

amadextor
02-11-2005, 11:11 PM
C'mon, one thing is dump it in bucket, another one to paint is exactly like brand new Ncode or LM Prestige.

verdasco67
02-12-2005, 12:48 AM
stupid thread..

amadextor
02-12-2005, 02:09 AM
You guys sound like you work wor Wilson or Head or TW, the point I try to make is "reverse" fight of FAKE paint jobs, how we as customers who care, can approach this issue, unless you are willing to pay $150 per racket every year, for same the thing with different coloring. Wake up!

Steve Huff
02-12-2005, 01:15 PM
And, if you can get me a quality paint job for $70, one that won't flake off and has cool graphics etc, I'll send you a couple of rackets. Remember, quality. You'll need to sand it a little, reprime it, and use a high-quality enamel and a few clear coats. Also, I need it back in a couple of weeks

Dan Salter
02-12-2005, 02:13 PM
amadextor, most people (normal) don't buy new rackets every year to keep up with the "trend" they buy them because they feel they could improve their game. If you are painting your rackets to look like you are cool and updated, you are playing this game for the wrong reason.

pstour90
02-12-2005, 02:20 PM
exactly. i play with the PSTour90, and could care less whether or not it is or looks like the NCode n-sixone tour...i play with it b/c its a darn good stick, and couldn't care less whether or not it mimics Feds PJ

K!ck5w3rvE
02-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Take it to a signwriter. Not that I've done it myself, but my boss's husband at my after school job is a signwriter, and I asked him, just out of curiosity if he could do one. He said he never had been asked to, but he'd be able to do one.

Stuck
02-19-2005, 03:17 PM
I would like to see a racket painted by anyone other than racket companies. My guess is that it would look like s**t. It would look like you're to cheap to pay for the new one. If you are happy with the racket you currently play with, play with it. If you want to look like the guys on tv you'll have to buy new sticks. I have a deal with wilson and they tell me a racket's lifespan these days is 12 to 18 months. Look for the tour 90 ncode to have a new paint job in the next 6 months. Good marketing if you ask me because people will always want what's updated. Look at pc's and cell phones.

fishuuuuu
02-20-2005, 07:06 AM
Ah but PCs get faster and cellphones gain better features, or improve on old ones! And both of course are made with cheaper and cheaper materials to save the company some dough and maybe the buyer too.

Now rackets don't get any faster, or increase the range of ability. That your job! The player! And they do cost more and more although it's just paint we pay for.

But PJ are legal, and they make sense, and no one has opened a PJ shop because they're sitting at their computers at a tennis forum whining about it.

Why do they make sense?! Because the racket companies need to make some dough. And some of you are deluding yourself thinking that you can use most of the painted rackets.

stupid thread..

stupid poster...

amadextor
02-20-2005, 10:44 AM
fishuuuuu, I agree that we all, including Racket manufacturers need to make $$$$.
Purpose of my posting about PJs is to find the Truth, and sort out technological breakthroughs from faking them and selling crappier rackets on a hype for more $.

This board is not the place to call names, and evaluate intelligence of itís members. I can call someone like you (but I woun't) extremely immoral, dishonest, someone promoting exploitation customers by the Racket companies and getting pleasure in it. I hope you are not someone like that.

pchoi04
02-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Who cares... Everyone likes different things... I think it would be a cool idea to get a paint job like a newer racquet...

35ft6
02-20-2005, 11:35 PM
I'd like to paint a totally radical picture of a black panther lounging on a tree branch on the neck of my Prince OS. I have the will, but how do I go about doing this?

Seriously, I'd like to paint my racket. I play tennis because I love it more than anything, but I wouldn't mind having a cool looking stick while I'm at it.

BLiND
02-21-2005, 03:04 AM
Paintjobs are not illegal, however false advertaising is!