PDA

View Full Version : Top Recruiting Classes - 2009

tenniskillz
10-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Who do you think has the best recruiting class for the coming 2009 recruits?

My vote is it's probably going to be Stanford, probably followed by USC, Yale, and Northwestern..

atatu
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
It's a little hard to say, Texas A&M signed a lot of good players last year, so technically they don't qualify as part of the 2009 class...but look for A&M to have a good year, and look for Wil Spencer to win some big matches for them. NCAA's in College station this year, so that will help.

woodrow1029
10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Im shocked. Almost 2 hours and Fedace has not replied yet!

Stanford does look strong this year though..

kctennis1005
10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
usc only has sundling right now and stanford only has kehrer.....yale is getting two blue chips in powers and huang and a 5-star in hoffman.....northwestern has 4 5-stars......yale and northwestern are my votes for best recruiting class

10isDad
10-29-2008, 05:56 AM
^^^Matt Kandath has also decided on Stanford + they have a couple blue chips w/ a high interest, including Denis Lin who visited the school this month.

As for Powers, there's nothing on tennisrecruiting.net about him signing or even committing to Yale. Do you have other information?

kctennis1005
10-29-2008, 06:30 AM
lots of rumors circulating that powers committed to yale.....huang is from my area so im sure he committed there

10isDad
10-29-2008, 07:18 AM
^^^Huang has definitely committed.

I would say it's way too early for any sure guesses on who has the best recruiting class. When all is said and done, Stanford will still probably get the cream of the crop.

phamster
10-30-2008, 06:33 AM
how did Ohio St. do in this ? i thought they have strong players after strong players..

phamster

10isDad
10-30-2008, 07:55 AM
^^^Two 5-stars (Kobelt & Lippert). No other listings on tennisrecruiting.net

Daycrawler
10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
^^^Huang has definitely committed.

I would say it's way too early for any sure guesses on who has the best recruiting class. When all is said and done, Stanford will still probably get the cream of the crop.

You know it has to be UCLA. Picking up Matt was big. Their top six are all ranked in the top 100 of last year. From what I hear they picked up two other freshman that are really strong players as well. But, when your top six are in the top 100, you have to be one of the strongest, and picking up a few great players. I'm minorly biased of course.

10isDad
10-30-2008, 08:54 AM
You know it has to be UCLA. Picking up Matt was big. Their top six are all ranked in the top 100 of last year. From what I hear they picked up two other freshman that are really strong players as well. But, when your top six are in the top 100, you have to be one of the strongest, and picking up a few great players. I'm minorly biased of course.

Any idea where Brooky will play on the team position-wise?

Nellie
10-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I think that it is really hard to tell because the rating of foreign players is a little spotty. For example, I follow the University of Virginia, and I do not think that people knew Devvranam was going to be a world-beater due to his uneven level of junior competition. At the same time, UVa has sign a couple of untouted players this year from europe that evidentally have good tools (big serves, etc.) but limited tournement experience.

T10s747
10-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Yale is getting Powers, Huang and Hoffman. No matter, they never win.

Michael Bluth
10-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Stanford has already bagged Kehrer and Kandath, with Lin and Pogostkin also expressing interest.

Daycrawler
10-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Any idea where Brooky will play on the team position-wise?

I just talked to him two days ago after his big showing getting to the quarters of ITA event, and he said hopefully 1 or 2, but at most 3. So he has picked his game up a lot, needed to pick it up though for the price UCLA has paid lol

Jdrizzle03
11-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Stanford did pretty good this year grabbing Kandath, Vehrer and Samuel Ecker

kctennis1005
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
why is ecker committed there? anyone know? his rankin is so low and it doesnt look like they picked him up for any specific reason.

10isDad
11-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Looks like his ranking (note there is a "g" at the end...:)just kidding - I know you probably didn't proof) is just slightly below yours. Are you in the "so low" category, too?

He may have picked Stanford for academic reasons and is trying to walk on the team. Notice there's no offer made - just the verbal commitment.

kctennis1005
11-04-2008, 05:11 AM
i was saying his ranking was low for stanford......and i know he may try and walk on to the team but he made his commitment in september and obviously he cannot know if he is admitted to the school in september unless the coach said he will get him in.......it just seems a little odd.

10isDad
11-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Not to digress too much, but how have your college visits gone so far, KC?

Michael Bluth
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Stanford did pretty good this year grabbing Kandath, Vehrer and Samuel Ecker

They may yet have greater success. Two more blue chip recruits are expressing interest, Filipp Pogostkin and Denis Lin.

kctennis1005
11-05-2008, 02:33 PM
they've been good.....i visited villanova and boston college and had a good time at both.....im plannin on visiting georgetown next wknd and emory in 2 weeks, but the georgetown coach is being very difficult to work with......ill prob make my decision after that

10isDad
11-12-2008, 11:15 AM
What with Denis Lin signing w/ Stanford today, there can be no doubt they have the strongest recruiting class.

OleNole
11-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Chase Buchanan signed with Ohio State. Then in his interview with Colette Lewis basically said he'll be there no more than 2 years. Thoughts?

For me, I know it sounded kind of brash, and he probably oughtn't have said that the day he committed, but that seems like the right time frame. Taking a year or two to grow up, play in a less stressful environment, get in the weight room and then striking out on the tour would be good for Chase in my opinion.
This also gives OSU a pretty solid class; they keep the top 4 Ohioans (Buchanan, Lippert, Kobelt, McCarthy) home.

OleNole
11-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Bo Seal committed to Georgia.

Does anyone have any info on the guys who tennisrecruiting.net has listed as "open"? Are they planning to go pro?

bluetrain4
11-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Northwestern?? The men haven't been good in a while. I attended from 1992-1996 and they were okay (skirting the Top 25), but never really in contention to go deep in the NCAAs. They haven't gotten any better over the years. But, they have a very nice on-campus indoor facility now (they had three courts covered by a bubble up by the football stadium when I was in school and had to play a lot of matches at a private club), and NW is a good school and near a good job market, so I can see the right coach turning the program around, as he has a lot to offer a student-athlete.

The women on the other hand, have been consistently a Top 5 team in the past 5 years, but keep on getting upset in the Rnd of 16s or QFs at the NCAAs. (They were seeded #1 last year and lost to Cal in the QFs, who they had beat earlier in the year). But, they have nearly everybody back, so maybe they can finally win a championship.

Wondertoy
11-18-2008, 01:46 PM
they've been good.....i visited villanova and boston college and had a good time at both.....im plannin on visiting georgetown next wknd and emory in 2 weeks, but the georgetown coach is being very difficult to work with......ill prob make my decision after that

What do you mean that the Georgetown coach is difficult, he's a great guy?

BigBUBBA
11-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Tulane is looking pretty good, as is Vanderbilt, Ohio, and USC

kctennis1005
11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
What do you mean that the Georgetown coach is difficult, he's a great guy?

my first impression was that he was difficult(by difficult i meant difficult to communicate with), but after visiting campus and meeting with him and having breakfast i think hes a great guy.....definitely cares for his players and loves the sport.....i think ill end up there next yr

killR4hand
11-28-2008, 01:14 PM
I learned from a source Mousheg Hovhannisyan wants to commit to Pepperdine for those interested in unsigned players.

eeytennis
11-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Florida has a great recruiting class on the girls side. 2 blue chip recruits, although I can't say I am too impressed with Lauren Embree's game...I saw her play, her serve could definitely be improved.

Harvard too has a great recruiting class for 09...on the girls side.

Stanford has the best recruiting class for guys, hands down.

OleNole
12-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Texas, Notre Dame and Pepperdine are also putting together impressive classes.
I'd say:
1. Stanford
2. Yale
3. OSU
4. Texas
5. Notre Dame

tenniskillz
12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Texas, Notre Dame and Pepperdine are also putting together impressive classes.
I'd say:
1. Stanford
2. Yale
3. OSU
4. Texas
5. Notre Dame

I'd agree with your top two, but I'd have to say the others aren't quite as good as they may seem. Aside from Chase B., OSU's recruits haven't made much of a dent in juniors; although having the top recruit helps a lot. Everyone else after them seems to be in the open, with many schools having either one blue chip and a couple five stars, or 3-4 five stars. (i.e. Texas, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Harvard, Michigan....etc.)

DoubleDeuce
12-26-2008, 09:44 AM
double post

tenniskillz
01-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Harvard just signed Andy Nguyen, making their recruiting pretty strong this year too.. 3 solid, highly ranked 5 stars..

Also, heard that the list of top recruiting classes will be on tennis recruiting later this month.. can't wait to see those..

tenniskillz
01-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Anyone read that Devin Britton has decided to play at Ole Miss this spring? interesting he wanted to start so early when he still has a couple months to develop his game before college...

T10s747
01-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Anyone read that Devin Britton has decided to play at Ole Miss this spring? interesting he wanted to start so early when he still has a couple months to develop his game before college...

The idea is to develop his game in college.

tenniskillz
01-16-2009, 08:13 AM
The idea is to develop his game in college.

I understand that, but he's skipping out on 6 more months of juniors and 6 months of fall training/tournament play at college.. just seems like an odd move to make for someone who I dont think will make an immediate impact on a lineup..

T10s747
01-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Miss? You understand that D1 college tennis is a step up from junior tennis?

ClarkC
01-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I understand that, but he's skipping out on 6 more months of juniors and 6 months of fall training/tournament play at college.. just seems like an odd move to make for someone who I dont think will make an immediate impact on a lineup..

Devin upset Nate Schnugg, #1 player for Georgia and #2 seed at the SEC Indoors, yesterday. Perhaps you should revise your opinion as to whether he will make an immediate impact on the Ole Miss lineup.

jaggy
01-19-2009, 04:41 AM
Northwestern?? The men haven't been good in a while. I attended from 1992-1996 and they were okay (skirting the Top 25), but never really in contention to go deep in the NCAAs. They haven't gotten any better over the years. But, they have a very nice on-campus indoor facility now (they had three courts covered by a bubble up by the football stadium when I was in school and had to play a lot of matches at a private club), and NW is a good school and near a good job market, so I can see the right coach turning the program around, as he has a lot to offer a student-athlete.

The women on the other hand, have been consistently a Top 5 team in the past 5 years, but keep on getting upset in the Rnd of 16s or QFs at the NCAAs. (They were seeded #1 last year and lost to Cal in the QFs, who they had beat earlier in the year). But, they have nearly everybody back, so maybe they can finally win a championship.

Todd martin played at Northwestern and donated $ for the new facilities.

tenniskillz
01-30-2009, 09:05 PM
The actual recruiting list for class of 2009 came out today on tennis recruiting. Check it out to see if it's how you'd do it...

Fedace
01-31-2009, 03:20 AM
lots of rumors circulating that powers committed to yale.....huang is from my area so im sure he committed there

Huang is one of the best players to come out of this class. and yet he goes to Yale which isn't exactly power-house of tennis. i suppose he can make some noise as individual player. but as a team, i don't see Yale going anywhere. Harvard or Stanford may have been better choice for him.

kctennis1005
01-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Huang is one of the best players to come out of this class. and yet he goes to Yale which isn't exactly power-house of tennis. i suppose he can make some noise as individual player. but as a team, i don't see Yale going anywhere. Harvard or Stanford may have been better choice for him.

have u seen huang play? very robotic game....hes very good, but i dont see his game growing too much in college....what do u think he can improve upon?

tennismom42
01-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Who do you think has the best recruiting class for the coming 2009 recruits?

My vote is it's probably going to be Stanford, probably followed by USC, Yale, and Northwestern..
http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/article.asp?id=684 top men's recruiting for 2009 as per TRN. Wow! This is a very informative, well-written article, published this week on TRN.

tenniskillz
01-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Any surprises on the list?

I'm surprised by few, especially that Michigan is top 5 and that Northwestern isn't..

T10s747
02-01-2009, 04:51 AM
have u seen huang play? very robotic game....hes very good, but i dont see his game growing too much in college....what do u think he can improve upon?

Agree, nothing special, a baseline grinder who makes a lot of balls which is good for junior tennis. No weapons per se, so don't see him as an impact player in college. "One of the best....," no way Fedace. Powers will contribute more on that team but agree that they won't be a contender in the Ivys.

T10s747
02-01-2009, 05:16 AM
IMO, the poll is just a popularity contest rather than an insightful evaluation. Overrated: Yale, Notre Dame, FL State, Duke, Princeton. Underrated: Northwestern, USC, Penn.

JMS
02-01-2009, 08:24 AM
IMO, the poll is just a popularity contest rather than an insightful evaluation. Overrated: Yale, Notre Dame, FL State, Duke, Princeton. Underrated: Northwestern, USC, Penn.

How is Duke overrated and USC underrated when they each only have a blue chip recruit and USC is rated above Duke?

T10s747
02-01-2009, 08:41 AM
How is Duke overrated and USC underrated when they each only have a blue chip recruit and USC is rated above Duke?

Well that's what I mean, it not about a so called "blue chip" Tennis Recruiting grading in a flaw ranking system. JT Sundling is a 6'2" lefty with a big serve who also is a great doubles player. Not to slight but Carlton, on the other hand, is a 5'7" grinder who is a mediocre doubles player. IMO, Sundling will be a better college player.

kctennis1005
02-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Well that's what I mean, it not about a so called "blue chip" Tennis Recruiting grading in a flaw ranking system. JT Sundling is a 6'2" lefty with a big serve who also is a great doubles player. Not to slight but Carlton, on the other hand, is a 5'7" grinder who is a mediocre doubles player. IMO, Sundling will be a better college player.

jt's serve is fairly good, but i wouldnt call it big....he has a high 1st serve percentage and uses his lefty spin well, but it isn't very hard.

kctennis1005
02-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Agree, nothing special, a baseline grinder who makes a lot of balls which is good for junior tennis. No weapons per se, so don't see him as an impact player in college. "One of the best....," no way Fedace. Powers will contribute more on that team but agree that they won't be a contender in the Ivys.

powers is good as well, but its questionable how much he will develop....when his game is on he can hit power and hit winners from any spot on the court, but he is a very small guy....maybe 5'7" on a good day.....itll be tough for him to develop into a big power player that hell have to be to hit the top of the yale lineup....yale has two recruits last yr, samaha and blumenkranz, who have lots of potential, but werent ranked as high as huang and powers.

T10s747
02-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Samaha's potential peaked in the 14s when he was 6'4". His forehand is atrocious and he is also a mediocre doubles player. People will know how to play him right quick, hit to his forehand all day and he is done.

So what's the deal, do you have to apply to like 10 colleges to meet the Jan deadlines? You're not committed yet are you?

kctennis1005
02-01-2009, 06:41 PM
So what's the deal, do you have to apply to like 10 colleges to meet the Jan deadlines? You're not committed yet are you?

what do u mean?

JMS
02-01-2009, 06:46 PM
what do u mean?

Possibly that because you have not committed yet he is asking if you have to send in applications to all your interested schools right now to meet their Jan. deadlines?

kctennis1005
02-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Possibly that because you have not committed yet he is asking if you have to send in applications to all your interested schools right now to meet their Jan. deadlines?

o ok.....ya i applied to 12 schools actually because i wanted to see academic scholarship offers from them and where i would get in.....ive narrowed my list though so its between usc and dartmouth

tenniskillz
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM

Maybe Duke and Princeton are overrated but how are Yale, ND, FL State overrated? Yale may not have gotten great talent but all of their guys are top players right now. ND got a solid group of guys, especially should develop their games more when they get to college. FL State has two solid recruits as well, Connor Smith doing really well at Winters last december.

Penn isnt underrated at all, their top recruit is robert wong, who i've played and will not get much better, way too erratic of player.

kctennis1005
02-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Maybe Duke and Princeton are overrated but how are Yale, ND, FL State overrated? Yale may not have gotten great talent but all of their guys are top players right now. ND got a solid group of guys, especially should develop their games more when they get to college. FL State has two solid recruits as well, Connor Smith doing really well at Winters last december.

Penn isnt underrated at all, their top recruit is robert wong, who i've played and will not get much better, way too erratic of player.

haha the irony in the last statement here is literally making me laugh out loud....when T10s747 reads this he will obviously know what i mean

tenniskillz
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Care to share the irony? just curious...

kctennis1005
02-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Care to share the irony? just curious...

sorry i cant share because of privacy reasons, but its just very ironic that u would say that

T10s747
02-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Maybe Duke and Princeton are overrated but how are Yale, ND, FL State overrated?

I just dont think Yale has the #2 recruiting class, I think Northwestern' class will develop better in the college years. They are big guys and can sting the ball. Balagi has one of the best forehands in junior tennis. Remember, college tennis is a step up from juniors. I don't think Bo Seal will be as good in college as he was in juniors. He's like 5'6" or 5'7". Wong is erratic but he can hurt you. His S&V game develops later than baseline play. He will only get better, beside, he's one of the best doubles players in the country. Millbrandt and Andreika are big guys who can develop. For ND, Moros is ok but better as a clay grinder (Penn's Magnes almost took him out at 18 Clays), Talmudge is too slow for singles although he can play dubs. For FL State, Smith and Reed are solid but I don't see them as impact players for college. These are just my opinions from seeing them play at nationals and not looking at TR ratings. Discuss further...

So KC, you can play at Dartmouth but do you think you can get a spot on such a strong team as USC? Is playing tennis important for you in college?

tennismom42
02-02-2009, 10:17 AM
I just dont think Yale has the #2 recruiting class, I think Northwestern' class will develop better in the college years. They are big guys and can sting the ball. Balagi has one of the best forehands in junior tennis. Remember, college tennis is a step up from juniors. I don't think Bo Seal will be as good in college as he was in juniors. He's like 5'6" or 5'7". Wong is erratic but he can hurt you. His S&V game develops later than baseline play. He will only get better, beside, he's one of the best doubles players in the country. Millbrandt and Andreika are big guys who can develop. For ND, Moros is ok but better as a clay grinder (Penn's Magnes almost took him out at 18 Clays), Talmudge is too slow for singles although he can play dubs. For FL State, Smith and Reed are solid but I don't see them as impact players for college. These are just my opinions from seeing them play at nationals and not looking at TR ratings. Discuss further...

So KC, you can play at Dartmouth but do you think you can get a spot on such a strong team as USC? Is playing tennis important for you in college?
That's why I thought Northwestern is the strongest recruiting class.

As for KC, with his out-of-this-world GPA & intelligence, I predict he will say his academics are the most important. And I concur.

My kid is high ranked, but much lower GPA. Could my kid have gotten into a "better" school had his GPA been better? Probably. That's the consequence he pays.

Academics first! When the tennis-body is shot, the University degree will still outlast by decades!

tenniskillz
02-02-2009, 10:23 AM

Just curious, but where have you seen them play? Have you been to several nationals or just watched a few matches and looked at results?

kctennis1005
02-02-2009, 10:35 AM

funny that u say that stuff about wong haha......and ya i have an offer from dartmouth and i also have a roster spot guaranteed at usc.....i would definitely have to work a lot to start at usc, but im willing to put in the time and effort to get better....its a tough decision

northwestern=balaji and schanerman have huge ground games, but cant play dubs....they got killed by siow/mkrtchian(who me and my partner beat)....balaji has a hard, flat forehand, but it is a huge windup so if he compacts it a little it will be better

talmadge can actually move decently, but he doesnt play a flat enough game ....he spins it in(making it necessary that he move) but he cant move well enough to be too good.

kctennis1005
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Just curious, but where have you seen them play? Have you been to several nationals or just watched a few matches and looked at results?

hes a top player who knows some of those players personally and has watched others at nationals.....one of them VERY personally haha

Wondertoy
02-02-2009, 12:50 PM
my first impression was that he was difficult(by difficult i meant difficult to communicate with), but after visiting campus and meeting with him and having breakfast i think hes a great guy.....definitely cares for his players and loves the sport.....i think ill end up there next yr

kctennis, what happened to Georgetown,you don't like them anymore or they don't like you? Does anyone have a read on the Turkish kid going to Penn or that Aussie guy going to Harvard next year? They could tilt the balance of which teams are over or underrated.

BTW, IMO Balaji has a short compact swing on his lethal forehand? He actually can play good doubles because he returns very well. He just hasn't had the opportunity to play with many good doubles players.

kctennis1005
02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
kctennis, what happened to Georgetown,you don't like them anymore or they don't like you? Does anyone have a read on the Turkish kid going to Penn or that Aussie guy going to Harvard next year? They could tilt the balance of which teams are over or underrated.

BTW, IMO Balaji has a short compact swing on his lethal forehand? He actually can play good doubles because he returns very well. He just hasn't had the opportunity to play with many good doubles players.

i decided that georgetown wasnt a good program for me.....the team wasnt taken seriously enough and i want somewhere where i can improve

no clue about the turkish kid going to penn but i think the aussie guy going to harvard was top 200 itf two years ago

balajis forehand isnt that compact, but he also doesnt have the best volleys....this hurts him in doubles....the skills are there, but the doubles instincts arent as much

kctennis1005
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
wondertoy, are u and t10s747 the same person? i saw in your posts and u have the same e-mail address.....rather odd.

Wondertoy
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
No, I am me. He's in my section and sometimes I trade his strings and stuff for him on this board.

Wondertoy
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I think Balagi is very talented. He makes returns and volleys better than most. He just needs a better doubles partner. He will do well in the 18s Natl Open dubs in Cincy...

kctennis1005
02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I think Balagi is very talented. He makes returns and volleys better than most. He just needs a better doubles partner. He will do well in the 18s Natl Open dubs in Cincy...

whos he playing dubs with there? and did u see them talking about "a certain person" on here? kind of ironic haha

Wondertoy
02-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah....play for Dartmouth, I hear they have good facilities...and they need help....you won't play singles at USC, the lineup is too strong. It may be also hard to play dubs. Nyugen and JT play well together and Kells is also a dubs player. Johnson definitely strong dubs. That team is stacked. BTW the team splays with PolyStar Energy, Coach Smith thinks it's the best poly on the market.

kctennis1005
02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah....play for Dartmouth, I hear they have good facilities...and they need help....you won't play singles at USC, the lineup is too strong. It may be also hard to play dubs. Nyugen and JT play well together and Kells is also a dubs player. Johnson definitely strong dubs. That team is stacked. BTW he team splays with PolyStar Energy, Coach smith thinks it's the best poly on the market.

ya their facilities are amazing and i think i can prob contribute right away in singles....def in doubles

mardy_fish
03-19-2009, 03:52 PM
ya their facilities are amazing and i think i can prob contribute right away in singles....def in doubles

besides dartmouth is an insane school, so that helps.

kctennis1005
03-19-2009, 04:32 PM
besides dartmouth is an insane school, so that helps.

ya i ended up committing there so ill be playing there next yr

ClarkC
04-28-2009, 07:54 AM
A lot of top international players sign late in the spring, making these rankings of recruiting classes premature.

For a look at the best recruiting class in the nation, read the University of Virginia press release (http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=3729641) today.

dallasoliver
04-28-2009, 09:02 AM
A lot of top international players sign late in the spring, making these rankings of recruiting classes premature.

Good point. Our Winter Rankings were done in January after the fall signing period. We are right now in the process of contacting coaches and putting together materials for our panelists for our Spring Rankings which will come out at the end of May.

I expect there to be quite a bit of movement throughout all parts of the Top 25 for both the men and the women.

Best,
Dallas

NHplayer
04-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Jarmere Jenkins, a top-5 high school blue chipper, committed to UVA this month. Kid looks sick.

Wondertoy
04-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Wow, the coach didn't even mention Brian Fang, kind of a Freudian oversight. Jamere is quick as all get out.

OleNole
05-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Jarmere Jenkins, a top-5 high school blue chipper, committed to UVA this month. Kid looks sick.

Jenkins is only the second best player in that class. The best is Uriguen, who's top 5 ITF. My feeling is he probably steps in for Dom Inglot at 1, Jenkins slides in somewhere in the 4-6 region, and that team goes undefeted again next year.
Does anyone close to the team or anyone who's played their recruits have any insight?

ClarkC
05-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Jenkins is only the second best player in that class. The best is Uriguen, who's top 5 ITF. My feeling is he probably steps in for Dom Inglot at 1, Jenkins slides in somewhere in the 4-6 region, and that team goes undefeted again next year.
Does anyone close to the team or anyone who's played their recruits have any insight?

I think Sanam Singh and Michael Shabaz, who will be juniors next spring, will be hard for freshmen to move ahead of.

Jenkins does have a win over Uriguen.

We will have to wait and see how the competition shakes out. There might be four guys who think they will be #1 next spring.

reesespiecestennis
05-02-2009, 01:14 PM
The new kid will not be above sanam singh or michael shabaz.

1. Michael or Sanam
3. Houston Barrick or drew courtney
5. Recruit from guatamala.
6. Singer or Jenkins.

reesespiecestennis
05-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Atleast until nat indoors.