PDA

View Full Version : Bag Recommendations?

MTChong
10-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey folks,

I currently have one of those Vantage tennis bags, which has served me well; the quality is, for the most part, top notch. However, a few months ago, one of the straps gave out on me -- it broke. Does anyone know where I can buy a similarly designed strap to add-on? If not, I'm open to bag recommendations that fit the following criteria:

- Durable and long-lasting
- Shoulder straps (well-designed so they don't break on me. Any bags with metal connectors?)
- 6-pack bag because I'll use be carrying it on and off planes a lot while going back and forth from school
- Preferably a predominantly black-colored bag

shell
10-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey folks,

I currently have one of those Vantage tennis bags, which has served me well; the quality is, for the most part, top notch. However, a few months ago, one of the straps gave out on me -- it broke. Does anyone know where I can buy a similarly designed strap to add-on? If not, I'm open to bag recommendations that fit the following criteria:

- Durable and long-lasting
- Shoulder straps (well-designed so they don't break on me. Any bags with metal connectors?)
- 6-pack bag because I'll use be carrying it on and off planes a lot while going back and forth from school
- Preferably a predominantly black-colored bag

I don't know about a replacement strap, but if you have to go with a new bag the Fischer 6 pack fits your description. It is heavy duty (and has a bit of weight because of that), very well constructed with very durable materials. The straps have been no issue for me.

I've used Head and Adidas bags before, and the Fischer is like night and day in the quality catagory. It will last.

SaunderS
10-30-2008, 12:50 PM

you get a plane to get to and from school?

jrod
10-30-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't know about a replacement strap, but if you have to go with a new bag the Fischer 6 pack fits your description. It is heavy duty (and has a bit of weight because of that), very well constructed with very durable materials. The straps have been no issue for me.

I've used Head and Adidas bags before, and the Fischer is like night and day in the quality catagory. It will last.

The Babolat bag used by Rafa is decent as well. I've compared it to the Fischer bag and it has slightly more functionality and is very well constructed.

game set match 46 TIMES!!
10-30-2008, 01:13 PM
technifbre for durabilty i hear then good.

Barricade V
10-30-2008, 01:35 PM
babolat aeropro bags.

Il Mostro
10-30-2008, 02:40 PM
The Babolat Team 6-pack has been good to me; the Aeropro series is nicer still. I would also consider the Sergio Tacchini Gabby in that size -- nice looks and features. Tecnifibre's 9-pack is not large so, while not a sixer, it is worth a look. I have a new VO2 Max 12-pack enroute.

iplaybetter
10-30-2008, 03:40 PM
i like to match my bag and stick (specialy since i have a prince deal)

tecnifibre makes a realy nice bag, best backpack strap sytem hands down

the new prince bags are also sick, realy nicely made and good lookin

schwuller
10-30-2008, 04:28 PM
i'll agree with il mostro. the babolat roddick team bag, either 6 or 12 like mine, is better than any other i have. has thermoguard which is a MUST for anyone using gut in California or a warm climate, has the best made backpack straps i've come across so far, uses a heavier-duty fabric than my other bgas, and has better metal hardware on it. the ONLY complaint is that there are no little pockets here and there like some bags have.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
10-30-2008, 05:00 PM
i really like the wilson bag. the k pro tour super six pack one

SaunderS
10-31-2008, 03:54 AM
i really like the wilson bag. the k pro tour super six pack one

Ye i have the Black / Gold Ltd edition.
its fantastic.

oest10
10-31-2008, 06:43 AM
http://www.strungout.com.au/pictures/1662/3/581883-1.jpg

I love it, not too flashy, though it looks good, simple black silver, very decent, good padding in the shoulder straps, good amount of space.

Dunlop Aerogel 10 racket bag

MTChong
10-31-2008, 10:43 AM

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGFISCHER-FTB6.html
Is that the bag you are talking about? If so, it sure looks sweet.

Thanks for the recommendations, all -- keep them coming. I'd like to know your experiences with different bags... how long they lasted you... etc

Anyone know if Tecnifibre will release the VO2max in a 6 pack?

And to the poster that asked... no, I obviously don't fly to school everyday. When I go home for breaks though, I have to take a plane.

10-31-2008, 11:37 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGFISCHER-FTB6.html
Is that the bag you are talking about? If so, it sure looks sweet.

Thanks for the recommendations, all -- keep them coming. I'd like to know your experiences with different bags... how long they lasted you... etc

And to the poster that asked... no, I obviously don't fly to school everyday. When I go home for breaks though, I have to take a plane.

tf and fishcher bags are amazing in durabilty...

some6uy008
10-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Babolat Aeropro bags are absolutely amazing. I'm sure if you try one out, you'll have no complains about them.

10-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Babolat Aeropro bags are absolutely amazing. I'm sure if you try one out, you'll have no complains about them.

thats the bag i was forgetting those are built like a car last forever!

Automatix
10-31-2008, 03:19 PM

Tecnifibre VO2 max bags come in 3, 6, 9 and 12 pack versions but TW only carries the last two.

Here's the 6 pack:
http://www.protenis.com.pl/images/torby/tour6vmax.jpg

Il Mostro
10-31-2008, 03:22 PM

In Europe, yes. In the USA only the backpack, 9-pack and 12-pack. The 9 is really close to 6-pack size though. The dealer margins are very low on the TF bags so they anticipated low sales volume and limited the line to those three bags.

T1000
10-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Tecnifibre vo2 max bags are great. I have a nine pack and I think its on small for its size

MTChong
11-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks all. Given the recommendations, I've narrowed it down to the Fischer Tour Combi 6-pack or the Tecnifibre VO2 Max 9-pack (upon hearing it's small for it's size). I'll probably order whenever I find something else I need from TW to take advantage of free shipping. Thanks all!

Matty G
11-03-2008, 09:40 AM
babolat aeropro if you are traveling alot. It has a hard outershel.

oedem
11-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Hi,
I'm finding a bag with the same your requirement too.

besides I like fischer 6 combi and tecnifibre 9, they are the same dimension, more or less.

the only doubt about tecnifibre is about the lacking of thermal compartment and I can realize how is organize in the interior

someone who has this bag, could make some pics?

oest10
11-07-2008, 02:17 AM
That technifibre bag picture, its hideous!

rafael17_13@hotmail.com
12-07-2008, 03:34 PM
babolat team line bag 12 pack or the aero pro one which has a little bit of more space and I think the middle pocket is a thermo to

jwbarrientos
12-30-2009, 07:09 AM
So what you finally got? any feedback?