PDA

View Full Version : Donnay pro 1 replacement

furyballs
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
I really like my Donnay international pro 1's but unfortunately it seems bumper guards and grommet strips can not be had and maybe the racquet is being discontinued. So I need to look for a current stick that plays similar to the donnay.

My question then is, can anybody who has experience with the donnay pro1 mp recommend a current line up frame that might fit the bill?

thanks

dunno
10-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Well one of the raquets that I like better than the Donnay is the Prostaff 95 with half inch lead around the hoop from 8o'clock to 4 o'clock. So if you can get one that's what i'd get.(mine broke and i haven't got a replacement :'( so I use the donnay pro one.)

But for production raquets, the Babolat Pure Storm was pretty amazing when I had a small time hitting with it before. It has that nice feel that you get with stuff like prostaffs and the donnays. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-BPSLTD.html

Dennis Anyone?
10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
You might find Volkl's C10 Pro interesting. Slightly bigger, slightly heavier, slightly more pop.

fuzz nation
10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
I just got a second hand Fischer M Comp 95 and after my first outing with it, I quickly decided that I need to change the strings, but it also occurred to me that this racquet reminded me of my Donnays. The M Comp is probably just a notch heavier though.

lwto
10-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Fischer m pro 1..

Look at the stats.. weight, swingweight, beam everything.. cept m pro 1 is 98.
Still it is very comparable and plays close as I have played both.

furyballs
10-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys. I'll look into your recommendations.
I really like the donnay but those darn grommet strips. Oh well
thanks again

teppeiahn1
10-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I thought the grommet trouble was only for the os
how did it get messed up?

furyoku_tennis
10-30-2008, 09:51 PM
the redondo mid is nice and pretty similar in specs, otherwise if you've got the money you could go with vantage.

matchmaker
10-30-2008, 11:15 PM
The Redondo MP is quite comparable. I can use them both without big adaptations.