PDA

View Full Version : Best racquet-breaking form?

court_zone
02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Andy Roddick has the best racquet-breaking form. Putting the racquet into the non-dominant hand, holding it by the neck, then throwing the racquet down. LOL

ffrpg
02-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I'd go with Safin and breaking it across your knee.

Pushmaster
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
I'd go with Safin and breaking it across your knee.
Try that at your next cocktail party. Goes to show you how strong he is, definitely not somebody you would want to mess with.

dAgEnIuS
02-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Andy Roddick has the best racquet-breaking form. Putting the racquet into the non-dominant hand, holding it by the neck, then throwing the racquet down. LOL

and he also throws the racket horizontally so that it won't break easily...

splink779
02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Horizontal throws lead to THE best smacking noise. So beautiful and so loud. By the way, I know its been discussed, but hasnt safin only broken it over his knee after he 'weakened it' by throwing it on the ground?

prince
02-11-2005, 05:57 PM
i saw a clip one time in a tournament where roddick smashed the racquet on the ground and bounced back up and hit him in the head not that hard but embarassing.

Andy Hewitt
02-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Gaudio at the Masters by far! He shattered it by folding it over so the top was tangling towards the handle lol! .... blue socks... what a joke!

AndrewD
02-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Just posted in another thread about a guy we saw once at a country tennis tournament. Lost his match and proceeded to snap two Dunlop 200G's, not the new kind but the old Graf and McEnroe ones. If you've played with them you'll know just how tough it is to do and this guy did it twice - snapped the heads clean off LOL. Now that was something I never saw Mac do lol

katarddx
02-12-2005, 06:55 AM
You know, all those guys are joke compared to Goran or Jonny Mac.