PDA

View Full Version : Old, Flexible, Heavy Small Heads & Why I like them?

matchpoints
10-30-2008, 03:02 PM
T2000 (http://books.google.com/books?id=CPosYIEgag8C&pg=PA154&lpg=PA154&dq=t2000+swing+weight&source=bl&ots=-yqOqYx6j8&sig=aBglZTcqHnLfL-byebYTzYIwy-A&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result)
What is the SW of the T2000?

For some unknown reason I really enjoy hitting with my Jack Kramer and recently found a T2000 and enjoy it even more. If fact, I seem to play better with it then my modern sticks albeit less powerful strokes. I am more consistent with it in most all my strokes (kick serves, drop shots, heavy topspin forehands, etc...) besides volleys...not the most maneuverable.

What is it about the old school sticks that I'm using? Is it the weight? SW? Small head? Loose strings? Smaller grip? Flex? Or is it a combination of all the things allowing me to swing smoothly and letting the racquet to the rest of the work.

I would love to replicate that feeling in my Babolat Pure Storm Limited or any Babolats for that matter. If not then I'll just switch to the T2000 and play tournaments with it. Metal racquets are still allowed on the circuit right?

Thanks in advance.

tennisdad65
10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I love these type of racquets too.

The only thing that you lose on is the first serve aces :)

But control on everything is so great.
They are maneuverable for volleys if you go 8-10 pts HL
And they are so easy on the shoulder/elbow.

matchpoints
11-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Anyone know the swing weight of the T2000 by any chance?