PDA

View Full Version : Lead Tape Question(s)

Recon
10-31-2008, 06:51 AM
I have a general consensus of lead tape and its magic. Depending on where you place it, it can change the weight..power..sweetspot zone. But what I would like to ask is where can I place lead tape to maximize spin?

My story for asking this question:
I play with a n90. I popped my cyberflash in it yesterday and I borrowed a head flexpoint prestige mid. I have played with prestiges but this one felt different. After some examination I found a strip of leadtape at the 12oclock position. Man I knew something was up, I was getting more spin then any other prestige, and natural gut was strung in it. It was weird. It also had string savers.

So where can I add lead tape to maximize spin potential?
And do string savers add spin?

Thank you. - Recon

Gemini
10-31-2008, 07:03 AM
12 o'clock would probably be the ideal but that's because you make the racquet more hammer-like. The racquet is more head-heavy and if you can get it moving the racquet head comes through the contact point much quicker. With the racquet head coming through the contact point quicker, you've just increased your racquet head speed and if you're swinging low to high then you've essentially increased the amount of topspin on the ball.

12 o'clock tape does wonders for racquet head speed but isn't the best setup for stability against twisting.

swedechris
10-31-2008, 07:12 AM
12 o'clock would probably be the ideal but that's because you make the racquet more hammer-like. The racquet is more head-heavy and if you can get it moving the racquet head comes through the contact point much quicker. With the racquet head coming through the contact point quicker, you've just increased your racquet head speed and if you're swinging low to high then you've essentially increased the amount of topspin on the ball.

12 o'clock tape does wonders for racquet head speed but isn't the best setup for stability against twisting.

good point .. be careful though with the lead tape. lead is a poisonious material..! so be sure to always stash in a secure spot ,away for the kids and pets. and as a cautionary measure, washin hands after dealin with it is maybe smart thing.

never throw it in the garbage either or anywhere else not designed for to take care of it. ask your local community health dept for advice where to ditch it.

Matty G
11-01-2008, 08:25 AM
good point .. be careful though with the lead tape. lead is a poisonious material..! so be sure to always stash in a secure spot ,away for the kids and pets. and as a cautionary measure, washin hands after dealin with it is maybe smart thing.

never throw it in the garbage either or anywhere else not designed for to take care of it. COLOR="Red"]ask your local community health dept for advice where to ditch it[/COLOR].
You gotta be joking! Do you realy take it that sericly?

dwhiteside
11-01-2008, 06:05 PM
In my view, unless you like the taste of lead tape or like to rub the exposed metal part over and over then suck on your fingers, there's not much to worry about. But yeah, don't feed it to your kids.

10sfreak
11-01-2008, 07:53 PM
C'mon guys, lead isn't that toxic!!! LOL!