PDA

View Full Version : Völkl V1 Classic

haerdalis
10-31-2008, 02:52 PM
I have been using the DNX V1 OS lately and having good results with it. Amazing control considering the specs of the racquet. Much better than other similar racquets I have tried. Strangely when I first used it a year ago I didnt find it as good as I do now.
Anyway I still feel it is a tad too powerful but the construction seems great so I bought a pair of V1 classics. Will recieve them on monday and I cant wait to hit the courts with them.
Any people here still swinging the V1's? Are they still being made? I decided I wanted the classic as it has kevlar in the makeup and I usually like racquets with kevlar in them.

sureshs
10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
I think they will be very different. The DNX material is very stiff.

tennisntn3477
10-31-2008, 10:02 PM
V1 Classic won't disappoint you - better control with it than with the DNX version, IMHO. Nice pop when you want it. Enjoy.

HappyLefty
11-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Anyway I still feel it is a tad too powerful but the construction seems great so I bought a pair of V1 classics.
I´ve played with both version, classic and DNX V1. Definitively the DNX version is a very good upgrade. DNX material improves the feel, comfort and control, just to mention some.
A great arm saver stick for those players with sensitive arm like me :) .
If you feel your current racquet too powerful, I recommend you to use a midplus version or increase the tension of your string.