PDA

View Full Version : More playable: nblade or RDS002 tour??

adso1973
10-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Despite of the weight which racquet would you recommend to someone with an aggressive baseline game seeking a good combination of control & power.

adso1973
11-01-2008, 04:56 AM
nobody cares about this?? I just found each on a nice budget price and I was wondering which could fit my game better...

Thanks

sixone90
11-01-2008, 05:39 AM
nBlade if I had to choose

wilfreb
11-01-2008, 10:32 AM
i never used any wilson racket but i demoed a rds002 and was amazing, a little heavy for me, but it was very solid and controlled frame, i recommend it.

himynameisminh
11-01-2008, 11:07 AM
nBlade is a really solid racket, a little on the light side though. I got a lot of control with it, perhaps lead it up to get the weight up.

furyoku_tennis
11-01-2008, 11:35 AM
the rds002 tour is a great choice for aggressive baseline. there's good control and power. it also handles better against hardhitters compared to the nblade.

BLuu21
11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
You can get the nblade cheap and brand new? Wow i would like to know. As for your question i only hit with the RDS002 before and found that it was a pretty nice racket

pfchang
11-01-2008, 11:59 PM
i'd say they're split evenly.

but you know that there are HUGE differences between both sticks right?

adso1973
11-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Hi, thanks for your responses!

Regarding these 2 racquets, yes, I know both are very different..

Basically I'm looking for a racquet with good control and powered to play from the baseline. My main racquet is a Rqis 1 tour (which I really like and enjoy playing with) and I was looking for a cheap and more powered one just for fun..

What did I find? nblade, nPro Open, RDS002 tour (used but barely new), extreme pro and an RD ti 80 (red-blue) but 4 1/4 :???: ..

As I've been playing with Yonex for the last 2 years.. I'm really tempted to go for the 002.. but it might not hit the goal that's why I though of the nblade (with leather and some lead tape).. I'm not too convinced on going to a 100 inch frame as I'm worried to send the balls flying long.. but they probably hit the power goal better than the blades.. - IMPORTANT: there is no chance to test racquets-

By the way in Buenos Aires you can find some blades around UES130.. that's a budget here!!

auzzieizm
11-03-2008, 05:22 AM
I would say the RQiS 1 Tour feels more like the NBlade than the RDS 002 Tour. I got comparable control between the NBlade and the RQiS 1. Both are closer in flex ratings, and I believe the NBlade actually has a slightly tighter string pattern- adding to the control factor without a decrease in spin production. Maybe the lighter weight of the NBlade will allow you to swing a little faster and perhaps get this fun power you are looking for.

The RDS 002 Tour was probably my least favorite Yonex that I have ever played. Coincidentally it was probably also the best Yonex I have ever served with. (I have played with ALOT of Yonex frames). Off the ground it was a lot more hit and miss with the feel. I could hit some amazing groundstroke winners, but then botch up some easy shots. Just never got the feel for that frame.

If I were going to go back to a previous frame of mine, I would definitely consider the NBlade over the RDS 002 Tour. Of course this is a personal preference, but regardless, good luck with your choice.

My comparative ratings:
Serves: RDS 002
Returns: NBLade
Groundstrokes: NBlade
Volleys: NBlade
Overheads: Tie
Touch Shots: NBlade
Topspin: NBlade
Slice: NBlade
Flat: Tie
Power: RDS 002 Tour
Control: NBlade

fuzz nation
11-03-2008, 07:29 AM
I'd bet that you'd find the nBlade to be sort of similar to the RQiS 1 Tour - they both have a firm hoop and extra flex overall. If you want something different, I'd say go with the Yonex, but I had that frame for a while and it didn't run too well for me from the baseline. It worked fine for me in serve & volley play or for doubles, but it wasn't a confidence inspiring grinder from the baseline. I needed a much more deliberate low-to-high stroke to keep my shots down on the court with it. I've had the ProStaff 6.1 Classic around for a long time and I thought that the 002 Tour would replace it, but I couldn't get the same bite on the ball with the Yonex that I enjoy with the Wilsons. It's a nice frame, but it just didn't click for me.

I'm used to a rather heavy racquet and the nBlade and RQiS 1 Tour both seemed to be too light for me, but they were both a lot of fun to hit with from the baseline. I actually still have one RQiS around and when I was still noodling with it, I put some lead on the hoop and it became a lot more stable and comfortable for me. If you had both of these frames at the same time, it might be interesting to try some tuning with one or the other, but even if you don't, I think that their personalities are similar enough that you could enjoy having both of them in your bag.

Matt21
11-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I agree with Auzzieizm on the feel similarities between the NBlade 98 and the RQis 1 Tour. RQis only got high marks from me in the volley department. NBlade is a better stick on serves, returns and groundies.

Now, regarding the NBlade and the Yonex 002Tour, no comparison IMO. If you're just playing from the baseline, you're going to hit a heavier ball with the Yonex. I owned a pair of those and the only reason I got rid of them was that the stiffness caused me to mildly injure my shoulder (it only hurt when I served and hit overheads).

While the NBlade was one of my favorite racquets from Wilson, it still simply could not compare to the Yonex in any department except flex and racquet speed.

RDS002 Tour was better on serves, put-aways, volleys and half-volleys, block returns, agressive returns, slices, accuracy (surprising when comparing a 16x19 to an 18x20, right? - :) ) and basically, every aspect of the game. Again, the only knocks on it were weight and stiffness. If those two don't bother you, I think you have a winner.

One more comment on weight... It's funny how balance IMO is more important than weight when you start getting up around 12 oz (+/- a few tenths of an oz)... I currently play with Microgel Prestiges (one mid and one midplus for when the mid gets a little heavy)... I actually have my midplus Prestige weighted up to 12.5 oz (lead at 3/9 o'clock; leather grip and two tournagrips on top, plus string and vibration dampener)... My customized MG Prestige midplus is the heaviest (static weight) stick I've owned and yet it actually swings lighter than any of the following I own or have owned:

PS85, Yonex RDS002 Tour, MG Prestige Mid, Dunlop AG100 and 200, MFil 200, Maxply MacEnroe (current one).

I say all that to say that sometimes it's not about the weight as much as it is the balance.