PDA

View Full Version : Kblade 98 vs. Aerogel 300

lwto
10-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone, new here, thanks for the welcome..

I've been using for the past 5 years a Wilson npro 98.. a good racquet, stable and easy to hit.

This year, I have decided to change course and start using "player" frames.. I started with Fishcer M1 pro's and didn't like it, it was to heavy. I have since adjusted and got used to playing 12+ oz racquets.. I got the kblade tour but found out the head was to light and small. I started getting owned by players who normaly, I own. I didn't like losing one on one battles. I tried putting weight around the 3 and 9 oclock positions and that worked, cept it was way to heavy. 12.5 oz after.. so I got a the n6.1 95.. sweet, but, way to heavy still.

After some tinkering, I found my ideal weight to speed is about 11.8 oz. with that weight I could create great head speed and have it heavy enough to plow through tough shots.

I also found out during all this tinkering that I like how 98 inch heads flow through the air better than smaller heads who seem like swinging a paddle.

So I dug around and the Aerogel 300 and kblade 98 loook like a great fit. They are light enough that I can customize them to 11.8 oz's and be happy.

My question is what in your all experiences do you like about these racquets? I need to decide which one to get. I have a demo kblade 98, but I"m in seattle and well its been raining for the last couple of days.. I just ordered a Aerogel 300 to try out, but I'd like to get the opinions of some fellow ball strikers who may no the nuances of these racquets.

Thanks and any comments regarding these would be appreciated.

cheers!

pfchang
10-31-2008, 08:11 PM
hmm.. if you like the idea of the KBT, you may like the KB98.

it has more power, but the feel is still there, with control being compromised a bit.

anyways, i found the perfect weight to be ~11.5 oz, with about 3-4 grams of lead under the buttcap.

but then i found the KBT and moved onto that.