PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Power

Edo
11-01-2008, 04:07 AM
What is it exactly? I mean, a raquet with more power will place the ball longer than a raquet with less power or will it place it in the same area but at faster speed?

zoobears
11-01-2008, 04:16 AM
if you are giving the same swing on a more powerful racquet (eg an oversized racquet) then it will land further to the back of the court. If you have a more powerful racquet then you will need to adjust your swing to give less forward force and more top spin for the ball to end up in the area where a normal mid would place that ball.

fuzz nation
11-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Tricky issue here - in empirical terms, I think that a racquet that has more weight, stiffness, or a larger stringbed will usually yield more pop on the ball. The subjective aspect of power for me comes in the form of more control in a frame that also delivers good zip on the ball. I call this "controllable power" where I can take a full cut at the ball and land it with more consistency. I get this sort of power in my Prince NXG mids which are around 13 oz. (pretty hefty), quite flexible, as well as stable and spin-friendly. Due to the control I get with these frames, I can enjoy my most consistent power hitting with them and their weight lets me really crush a serve when I want to.