PDA

View Full Version : need help everyone!!!

nadal for number1
11-01-2008, 08:17 AM
ok, im a 5.0 player, long strokes 2hbh, ok serve. im a baseliner, using a microgel radical mp with lots of lead. i use alu rough.
my problem is i feel im not getting enough spin, do you guys really feel a 16x19 makes a big diference rather than a 18x20????
please i need answer thanks alot im 16 by the way

NickC
11-01-2008, 08:35 AM
I don't think the string pattern makes a HUGE difference, especially with such a small change. Maybe you're not getting enough racquet head speed? Maybe take a little bit of the lead off? Or maybe it's your grip? Might want to make it a bit more extreme so long as it doesn't radically alter your technique, which is usually a step backwards, or how about taking the string tension down a notch or two? I have friends who complain about their lack of spin output, but they're stringing in the high 60s. String Alu between 50-58 and you might get a bit of added spin, if you're stringing higher than that.

Rabbit
11-01-2008, 08:55 AM
I'd suggest you demo. Some frames just lend themselves to being spin doctors regardless of the pattern. I've always had good luck with Volkl and Yonex and Dunlop with spin, not so much so with Head frames.

NoBadMojo
11-01-2008, 09:45 AM
ok, im a 5.0 player, long strokes 2hbh, ok serve. im a baseliner, using a microgel radical mp with lots of lead. i use alu rough.
my problem is i feel im not getting enough spin, do you guys really feel a 16x19 makes a big diference rather than a 18x20????
please i need answer thanks alot im 16 by the way

The bigest determining factor gearwise for spin production is the string density...16mains generally are MUCH easier to spin the ball with, altho some 18m's frames are easier to spin than others.

Obviously technique and batspeed are most impt. You say your racquets are heavily leaded...perhaps you arent generating the batspeed necessary to produce all the spin you wish for. as an experiment, try one of your bats w.o any lead. obviously your timing will change, but dont swing the lighter racquet at the same speed as your old racquets...swing it FAST! lots of players, when presented with a lighter racquet tend to put the same slower swing on the ball...that's not what you would want to do.

Spin is your friend.....

nadal for number1
11-01-2008, 12:30 PM
thank you to everyone.
i already swing pretty fast, but i might take into consideration taking the lead off. would the prestige pro be a better idea? or the radical pro? thanks again guys!

NickC
11-01-2008, 01:03 PM
You might not need to switch frames.

~Try stringing a few pounds lower, use Alu Spin.
~Try taking off a little bit of the lead (just a little bit) and maybe take off your overgrip if you are using one.
~Take the actual grip off and just put two thick overgrips on instead (or a thin one like tournagrip under a thicker one like the wilson pro)
~You could also try to change your grip by a little. Make it a bit more western and alter your swing just a little bit to get a bit more spin.

ronalditop
11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
first of all you need to remove those "lots of lead" you´re putting in your racquet. i think the reason you´re not generating enough spin is that the racquet is very heavy so you´re not swinging fast enough. another reason may be that your grip size is a little big. try to reduce the grip size a little.

nadal for number1
11-01-2008, 01:49 PM
first of all you need to remove those "lots of lead" you´re putting in your racquet. i think the reason you´re not generating enough spin is that the racquet is very heavy so you´re not swinging fast enough. another reason may be that your grip size is a little big. try to reduce the grip size a little.

by removing the original grip?
and should i take the lead of the 3 and 9 oclock or the 11 and 1 oclock?
again, thank you all